Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab Player 5 — First Preview Version 5000 Released (December 16, 2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From DVDFab Staff DVDFab Player 5 — First Preview Version 5000 Released (December 16, 2017)

DVDFab Player 5 — First Preview Version 5000 Released

Hello, folks! Exciting news — the DVDFab Media Player now enters a brand-new stage, the new-generation comes, but with a different name, DVDFab Player 5, and two versions, the Standard version and the Ultra version.

The reinvented DVDFab Player 5 features all-new playback engine that significantly improves stability, compatibility and playback smoothness; completely redesigned user interface that brings in totally different PC and TV playback modes both with distinctive media entertainment experience; and ultimate playback capacity that supports navigation menus on DVDs, Blu-rays, and next-generation 4K Ultra HD Blu-rays, with genuine HDR10 and Hi-Res audio output, including Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master and DTS:X, etc.

Deep beneath the skin of DVDFab Player 5 sits the totally reengineered playback engine, which opens a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc up to five times faster than similar competitors out there. Other than that, it also boosts the overall software stability, compatibility with ISO image files and folders, and playback smoothness up to significantly higher levels, respectively.

Also, the all-new DVDFab Player 5 ushers in the much advanced way for software activation, the same online verification method as DVDFab 10, which requires your account information at DVDFab Member Center.

All the existing customers of DVDFab Media Player 3 will get the all-new DVDFab Player 5 Ultra version totally for free.

Download link:

http://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download....VDFAB_PLAYER_5

The hotkeys in TV Mode:

Increase audio volume: =
    Decrease audio volume: -
    Mute on/off: M
    Previous Chapter: Page Up
    Next Chapter: Page Down
    Play/pause movie playback: Space bar
    Stop Playback: Ctrl+S
    Fast Forward: F
    Rewind: R
    Show Information: F2
    Displays the playback menu: Ctrl+M
    Navigate left: Left arrow key
    Navigate right: Right arrow key
    Navigate up: Up arrow key
    Navigate down: Down arrow key
    Access the selected item: Enter key
    Return: Backspace
    Close DVDFab Player 5: Ctrl+Q

Known issue:

1. The movie cover does not display.
    2. Audio Passthrough does not work correctly.
    3. Cann't load the external subtitles.
    4. The playlist and smart preview features are not finished development yet.
    5. Some hotkeys don't work.
    6. Support English language only for now, the others will be added soon.
    7. Does not support the high DPI yet.
    8. Some minor playback and UI problems.

Any feedback will be appreciated, thanks!
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 12-16-2017, 02:35 PM.
    User Manual for DVDFab v11 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab11\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab11> Log

DVDFab Player 6:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 6\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab Player 6> Log

Quote-
    All the existing customers of DVDFab Media Player 3 will get the all-new DVDFab Player 5 Ultra version totally for free end quote.

I have media player 3 for life in a giveaway. I put in my email address and password and only get a 30 day trial license not lifetime ?

The player has more bugs than whats know here is a few of them.

1.When using the player in PC mode the programs letters at the top of screen is cut off about 1/2 way like the x button and all the others on top of screen.

2.In full playback mode the player finds my connected hard drives USB but lists only some of the movies not the hundreds that's on the disk also when scrolling through these they scroll backwards they should scroll from the letter A to Z with movies with the letter A first then B and so on to Z.

3.Theirs no full 3d mode Fengtao has promised this as far back as last year in forum posts still on the forum data base whats the holdup here?
    Last edited by Faith; 12-16-2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I believe I have the same version as Faith or a similar one.
      I won't be updating it to version 5 .
      I will wait for an answer to Faith's post & my post.
      Even though these are give away lifetime versions I suspect they don't qualify.

On the top bar mine states:
      DVDFab Media Player (Pro)

The "License Info" states:
      Features Licensee Expiry Date Status
      Basic Features Free Version Never Expire Activated
      Advanced Features Sharewareonsale.com Never Expire Activated

The About states:
      DVDFab Media Player 3.1.0.2 (03 07 2017)
      Copyright (C) 2017 Fengtao Software Inc.
      DVDFab Software offers world's best DVD/Blu-ray/4K UHD copying, ripping, converting, authoring and playback softwares, as well as video conversion and downloader utility tools.

[Translated by Malcolm Wang]

Comment

I did try to activate my copy and it expires today. (no 30 day trial).

Comment

Originally posted by maonstad View Post
          I did try to activate my copy and it expires today. (no 30 day trial).
          It won't expire until it becomes an Official Release and goes on sale, it is just a Preview (alpha) version to obtain user feedback.

Faith This is an alpha version made available to obtain feedback. Please read the known issues, at least one of your complaints is answered there.

cholla Suit yourself, but installing it can't hurt anything and it does not overwrite your v3.x installation or license.

There will be a FAQ for it shortly with a little more information.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

All,
            The FAQ has been postponed, sorry.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Zora View Post
              All the existing customers of DVDFab Media Player 3 will get the all-new DVDFab Player 5 Ultra version totally for free.
              I usually don't test alphas.

For me the questions are : Will the v.5 be free to "existing customers of DVDFab Media Player 3" that have a lifetime license that was a give away ?
              If the answer is Yes .
              Will this extend to the beta and later the stable version 5 ?
              ​​​​​​​

Comment

Version 5 activated for me with no problems I like the new alpha it has a ways to go but looking good I was able to play a UHD Movie with Deuhd decrypting in the back ground that was cool.

Comment

Originally posted by cholla View Post

I usually don't test alphas.

For me the questions are : Will the v.5 be free to "existing customers of DVDFab Media Player 3" that have a lifetime license that was a give away ?
                  If the answer is Yes .
                  Will this extend to the beta and later the stable version 5 ?
                  ​​​​​​​
                  I got Media Player lifetime license from a dvdfab giveaway a few years back.

I put in my dvdfab email and password. Now the about section says it's registered to me.
                  It seems like you must have bought it or got it from the dvdfab GA other GAs probably don't work.

When I briefly tested it it worked fine with DVDs from my HDD.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Only got a months license.
                  Last edited by Sintas; 12-17-2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Activated Ultra Version
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi All,

The giveaway license is not free to update to DVDFab Media Player 5.

If you do have a valid license for DVDFab Media Player under your account but get problem activating DVDFab Media Player 5, please send me a PM or contact our support team via email.

The price will rise after the official releases of DVDFab Media Player 5 (Ultra version), we would suggest that you get a license before the price adjustment.

Regards,
                      mona

Comment

Hi mona,

You said : The price will rise after the official releases of DVDFab Media Player 5 (Ultra version), we would suggest that you get a license before the price adjustment.

When?

Comment

Originally posted by Electro007 View Post
                          Hi mona,

You said : The price will rise after the official releases of DVDFab Media Player 5 (Ultra version), we would suggest that you get a license before the price adjustment.

When?
                          The price has already changed since the release of official version of DVDFab Player 5.

There is currently a 35% off for getting DVDFab Player 5, you can visit the promotion page at https://www.dvdfab.cn/promotion.htm to check it out.

Regards.
                          mona
                          Last edited by Mona; 12-27-2017, 07:29 AM. Reason: add more info

Comment

is it right? HDR Support with Intel Kabylake?

hard to read

Great work, a little grey the black bars.
                            Last edited by Marban; 12-28-2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marban View Post
                              is it right? HDR Support with Intel Kabylake?

hard to read

Great work, a little grey the black bars.
                              Hello,

The 4K displaying issue is known, we will check it out as soon as possible.

To make it display correctly, you can change your PC's display settings for now.

Regards,
                              mona

Comment

Working...
                              X