Media Center Remote and Fab Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Center Remote and Fab Player

First off, thanks for the continued great work with Fab Player v5! I've seen awesome progress in a very short time with the software, and like it a lot.

One thing I have noticed, as of v5.0.0.5, my Windows Media Center remote works great to navigate menus (TV mode menus before starting disc playback, as well as UHD menus in menu mode all work perfectly with the Media Center Remote). However, once the movie is playing, none of the remote keys will work - I cannot get stop, pause, fast forward, rewind and previous/next chapter buttons to respond at all. In fact, the only way to stop the movie is to press Alt+F4 in TV mode to exit the application.

Since the remote works with menus, any chance support will be added for stop/pause/etc from the remote while watching a movie?

Thanks!

-dgray

Hello dgray,

1. Please go to PC mode and then adjust the hotkey settings. Click and highlight the one you need to change, and press the key you want to use on the remote. After change done, Click OK and then restart to get to the TV Mode and use Menu mode to load movie for playback to try again.

As a note: those marked as Disable cannot be changed.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	change hotkey for TV mode.png
Views:	210
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	348203

2. Please specify the brand and model of your remote.

Regards,
    mona

Comment

Thank you so much! It did not occur to me to switch back to PC mode to update the hotkeys. I followed your advice and it worked perfectly!

I am using the Microsoft branded remote.

-dgray

Comment

Working...
      X