• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mig10
    started a topic No Sound with Creative Sound Blaster and Dolby Encoder

No Sound with Creative Sound Blaster and Dolby Encoder

Hello,

I have the Problem with my new Soundcard, when i want to play some Mediafile and i have activate Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect, that i have no Sound and the Video jerky.
    Only when i select no Encoder, then i have sound, without Dolby and normal Video. Creative write i have to select Loudspeaker. In DVBViewer i can select DirectSound: Loudspeaker (SoundBlaster Z), and it works. In other i nothing need to change and it works. I have test all variants of optical settings they are possible, But only select no Encoder works. Can this Problem also solved in next Version?

Thanks and best Regards
    Mig10

https://picload.org/view/dlcodddr/2018-08-26.png.html
    Last edited by Mig10; 08-26-2018, 12:51 AM.

• Mig10
    replied
    Hello Mona,

Thank you for information,

Best regards
    Michi

Leave a comment:

• Mona
    replied
    Hi Michi,

Are there sound differences on Player 5 between this 2 variants Optical + No Dolby Enoder or Analog + Dolby Encoder?
    Sure, there is. You can try different options on your side to see the difference.

For Optical-Directsound the Entry Loudspeaker (SoundBlaster Z) is missing in Player 5
    No, it is not that Player 5 misses that option, it is that Optical doesn't support Speaker output.

Regards,
    Mona

Leave a comment:

• Mig10
    replied
    Hello Mona,

Thanks for information. I have tested and both works on my System.
    Are there sound differences on Player 5 between this 2 variants Optical + No Dolby Enoder or Analog + Dolby Encoder?
    I must decide Analog-Direcsound and Dolby Encoder, without this i have no sound on System and other Programs.
    For Optical-Directsound the Entry Loudspeaker (SoundBlaster Z) is missing in Player 5

Regards
    Michi

Leave a comment:

• Mona
    replied
    @Mig10

From our tests:
    In the control panel of the graphics card, select "No Encoder", in the setting window Player 5>Settings>Audio, choose Optical-Direcsound/ WASAPI, there is sound for output.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Player settings.png
Views:	1
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	359308

Name:	player settings1.png
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	359309

In the control panel of the graphics card, select Dolby or DTS, you need to set the audio device of your PC as the NOTE says, and select Analog-Direcsound/ WASAPI under Player5>Settings>Audio to have sound playback.

Name:	sound Blaster Z.png
Size:	506.6 KB
ID:	359310

Regards,
    Mona

Leave a comment:

• Mig10
    replied
    Originally posted by Mona View Post
    I have passed the log files to the developers for analyzing, please kindly wait. Thanks.
    Ok thank you

Leave a comment:

• Mona
    replied
    I have passed the log files to the developers for analyzing, please kindly wait. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Mig10
    replied
    Hello Mona,

I have change to Optical and DirectSound: SPDIF-Out (SoundBlaster Z). And Dolby Digital Live activatet.
    In Optical there is missing entry DirectSound: Loudspeaker (SoundBlaster Z).
    log is on Attachment.

Regeards Michael
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mona
    replied
    Hi Mig10,

Please activate Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect to try again, and then zip the whole Player 5 log folder and post it here. Thanks.

Regards,
    Mona

Leave a comment:

• Mig10
    replied
    When i select Analog, i can select DirectSound: Loudspeaker (SoundBlaster Z) and 5.1, then i have Sound with Encoder, but its in Dolby?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X