Media player bugs with 3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media player bugs with 3d

1: When setting media player 6 to play Anaglyph and a 2d movie is played Media player 6 will not put in the red/green in the video to make it play in 3d this only works if you put the player in side/side or over and under mode.As you know side by side and over and under is a 3d movie already so needs no red/ green added to make a 3d picture.All other 3d players like Power dvd use's this mode to make a 2d video 3d on the fly and side by side mode is not needed.This Anaglyph 3d works on all tv's and monitors using red/green or cyan glasses.

2. The 3d setting to make a 2d video into 3d in player 6 settings is grayed out (I am using latest windows in 3d mode in windows settings) and 3d works for side by side and full 3d but no 2d-3d on the fly if this setting is meant for Anaglyph or side by side is not clear so it really needs to be clear what this setting is for and why it doesn't work and is grayed out.

3. The auto setting for player 6 doesn't detect when playing side by side and put the player in side by side mode the user must select side by side manually for it to work.

Can someone from staff make clear what the setting for 2d-3d doe's if I was able to check mark it as it's grayed out now.Is this for Anaglyph or for side by side 3d on the fly?

Thank you.

I have passed your feedback to our developer for checking. Any news I will update you. Thanks.

Comment

Hello, I have confirmed with our product manager, Convert 2D to 3D is not supported. We will remove this option from Settings to avoid confusion. Thanks.

Comment

Ok what about #1 and #3?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
          Ok what about #1 and #3?
          #1 is same as #2. You were playing a 2D source, so the settings don't take effect.
          #3, we will and get back to you.

Comment

Thanks Mona but why have a Anaglyph setting for side by side only as side by side is already a 3d movie.I suppose Anaglyph side by side can work so a 3d TV, or monitor is not needed but the Fab software must then put the 2 side by side pictures together and it can if selected manually like VLC player can.Is this what the developers intended?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
              Thanks Mona but why have a Anaglyph setting for side by side only as side by side is already a 3d movie.I suppose Anaglyph side by side can work so a 3d TV, or monitor is not needed but the Fab software must then put the 2 side by side pictures together and it can if selected manually like VLC player can.Is this what the developers intended?
              This section is for 3D display device, not for playback source. Yes, as you thought, while you set this Anaglyph, a 3D TV or 3D monitor should not be needed. However, this section doesn't work well at the moment (sorry about it), it is a part we need to improve in the future.

Comment

Working...
              X