Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-AC3 passthrough

Hello,

I've search in the setting an option to enable audio passthrough for EAC3 track, but I can't find it. I can see only AC3 and DTS.

So, I would like to know if DVDFabMedia 6 can do it, because I've tried version 5 and when I play an eac3 audio my receiver isn't received the unaltered signal. If I try with other player (free) when I select AC3 passthrough the player do it for EAC3 track too.

Thank you

Enable Audio Passthrough and tick option "TrueHD/DTS-HD capable receiver" in the Settings window, EAC3 track should be able to playback correctly.

Comment

Hi Mona,

Ithank you, but I cannot tick the option "TrueHD/DTS-HD", only DTS and AC3.
      Do you think because I use spdif and not HDMI ? If so, I use only digital output spdif and with other player I have no problem to use eac3 with this connection.

Comment

Spdif does not support any of this HD audio formats. As I understand it, DTS-HD contains a so called DTS core and only this "stripped audio" will be transfered via Spdif. It seems that from TrueHD an AC3 stream can be extracted which can also be transfered via Spdif. Both TrueHD and DTS-HD comes with too much data and Spdif can't handle this much data because of a limited transfer rate.

Comment

Hi wgk.derdicke,

I thought so, and that is the problem. I don't think that eac3 track needs to be transfered via TrueHD or DTS-HD. But Mona tell me to tick that option.
          So my problem still remains; I cannot reproduce eac3 audio via spdif with DVDFab Media Player.

Comment

Well, EAC3, also known as Dolby Digital plus, is something like TrueHD or DTS-HD. It comes with a data rate higher than SPDIF can handle. An unmodiefied transfer is designated to be transfered via HDMI only, says the german Wikipedia So if one wants to passthrough EAC3, means: the unaltered data stream, via Spdif, this won't work because of higher data rates.

Comment

DD+ isn't like TrueHD or DTSHD, not only. For example Netflix added some titles with dolby digital plus at 640Kb. Some other at 512 Kb. DTS are about 1500Kb, so tracks from Netflix can be passthrough from SPDIF and I cannot use DVDFab Media Player to play this series.

I would like to know if this player
              can passthrough eac3 from spdif, like an ac3.

Thank you

Comment

Hi there, here is a test version, in which we've updated some codecs to enable the playback of EAC3, please have a try and feedback.
                https://dcy85gja7rdts.cloudfront.net...4_09_52_15.exe

Comment

Hi Mona,

with the test version, eac3 problem persist. I've enabled ac3 and dts passthrough but on my receiver
                  isn't received the unaltered signal yet.

Comment

Originally posted by DVDFabFun View Post
                    Hi Mona,

with the test version, eac3 problem persist. I've enabled ac3 and dts passthrough but on my receiver
                    isn't received the unaltered signal yet.
                    Thank you for the update, we will need to run more test, thanks.

Comment

I also
                      can't tick the option "TrueHD/DTS-HD", only DTS and AC3 (it is grayed out). I'm currently running video and audio out via HDMI on an RTX2080ti to a Yamaha CX-A5100 on windows 10 with dolby atmos support enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by blazeeon View Post
                        I also
                        can't tick the option "TrueHD/DTS-HD", only DTS and AC3 (it is grayed out). I'm currently running video and audio out via HDMI on an RTX2080ti to a Yamaha CX-A5100 on windows 10 with dolby atmos support enabled.
                        Please use this version, manually adjust the output mode and output device option and see which combination will enable the option for "Dolby Digital (AC3)", and then playback the EAC3 track file to see if you can get EAC3 or not.

Comment

Blazeeon & Mona:
                          I discovered why the setting in Fab settings is grayed out (for can't tick the option ("TrueHD/DTS-HD") and why it doesn't pass-through EAC3 sound
                          It's because I got lifetime license for the player and forgot to authorize it in Fab settings for this computer as soon as I did the option to tick the grayed out box for TrueHD/DTS-HD is now their I ticked it now EAC3 now plays as Dolby digital plus as it does in player 5 so no bug just a setting missed.

Comment

Hi,
                            I have the same problem as December. If I use an optical cable (not HDMI) the option TrueHD/DTS-HD aren't available, and so I cannot reproduce E-AC3 audio track via pass-through, that seems only available when HDMI is set how OUTPUT MODE in the Audio Settings and then I can select TrueHD.

So, can you set/modify that E-AC3 is available on AC3 too ? Not only if TrueHD is selected, but even if only AC3 is set as pass-throught .

Thanks.

Comment

If the bitrate exceeds the spdif interface specs, it will not work as noted above in post #6.
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X