Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DvdFab Player doesn't work with menus - app locks up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DvdFab Player doesn't work with menus - app locks up!

I bought DVDFab player for one and exactly one reason:

So I could play a Blu-ray, use the menus, and figure out which title I need to rip in DVDFab11.

The player constantly locks up, and I can't make it past the scene select menus.

Now my wife is upset because the TV show she's watching is all out of order.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Any "tips" to get this to work reliably?

Sorry that you have issue using DVDFab products. Regarding the problem you reported, we need more information.

figure out which title I need to rip in DVDFab11.
    DVDFab will automatically detect and select the main movie title as source. If you want other titles, you can also use the Green button to preview them to find out the one you need.

The player constantly locks up, and I can't make it past the scene select menus.
    1. Please specify the movie/TV Shows you want to playback.
    2. After start up DVDFab Player 6, choose PC Mode, go to PC mode>Settings>Video section, and use the "Analyze Hardware" button to do the analysis, screen shot the result and send it to us.
    3. Please also zip the whole DVDFab Player 6 folder and attach it here.

At the meanwhile, you can also
    1. Use the Simple mode to see if it can play or not.
    2. Please also playback other movie/TV Show to see if it will make a difference.

Comment

I, too, have had problems with Media Player and menus. Here are some observations/tips that may be of use..

Sometimes, the system "goes away" between displaying a logo or warning just before showing the menu. If I am very patient (several minutes) the menu may suddenly appear and work fine.

Sometimes, the menu appears and then the system appears locked up. Again, waiting 15 or 20 seconds will result in the menu suddenly starting to run properly.

If the menu remains locked up after about 20 seconds, I have been able to get it to work by pausing the playback and they starting it again. This sometimes "jump starts" the menu into working.

Frequently, I am unable to get menus to respond to mouse input.However, keyboard input works fine.

Hope this is of some use to you....

Comment

Originally posted by tbrown25 View Post
        I, too, have had problems with Media Player and menus. Here are some observations/tips that may be of use..

Sometimes, the system "goes away" between displaying a logo or warning just before showing the menu. If I am very patient (several minutes) the menu may suddenly appear and work fine.

Sometimes, the menu appears and then the system appears locked up. Again, waiting 15 or 20 seconds will result in the menu suddenly starting to run properly.

If the menu remains locked up after about 20 seconds, I have been able to get it to work by pausing the playback and they starting it again. This sometimes "jump starts" the menu into working.

Frequently, I am unable to get menus to respond to mouse input.However, keyboard input works fine.

Hope this is of some use to you....
        Please also zip the whole DVDFab Player 6 log folder and send it to us.

About "menu not respond to mouse input", there are some BD movies don't support to use mouse to control the menu, it's not a program issue.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I am a recent user and I hit the same problem. I partially cured it by installing a 32 bit JRE but there is still an issue in that there is no sensible way to interact with menus which do not accept mouse input. There are some classically horrible disks out there - the Stargate 15th anniversary edition does not play at all without JRE but with it the disk will play and can move through some crud unrelated to Stargate before playing the proper disk start and informing me that I should use my player remote as mouse is not accepted beyond that point.

Comment

Originally posted by leng View Post
            I know this is an old thread, but I am a recent user and I hit the same problem. I partially cured it by installing a 32 bit JRE but there is still an issue in that there is no sensible way to interact with menus which do not accept mouse input. There are some classically horrible disks out there - the Stargate 15th anniversary edition does not play at all without JRE but with it the disk will play and can move through some crud unrelated to Stargate before playing the proper disk start and informing me that I should use my player remote as mouse is not accepted beyond that point.
            While the mouse doesn't interact with the menu, can the arrow keys on the keyboard work?

Comment

Sorry for the delay. The arrow keys on the keyboard work with some disks not others. Next time I encounter the problem I will identify the disk for you.

Comment

I'm having the same issue with Fraggle Rock (Blu-ray) (UPC 043396540132). Player 6.1.1.7 (and previous versions) crashes out most of the time. Some times it does bring up the menu. Mouse doesn't work at all on menus. Keyboard works if the menu pulls up. Zip file errors out when trying to attach to this thread. If you have another way I can send it in let me know. Hardware Analysis attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	821
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	401745

Comment

Originally posted by camperxl View Post
                  I'm having the same issue with Fraggle Rock (Blu-ray) (UPC 043396540132). Player 6.1.1.7 (and previous versions) crashes out most of the time. Some times it does bring up the menu. Mouse doesn't work at all on menus. Keyboard works if the menu pulls up. Zip file errors out when trying to attach to this thread. If you have another way I can send it in let me know. Hardware Analysis attached.

Views:	821
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	401745
                  Some menu only supports control by Keyboard. Do you have the crash issue with other Blu-rays? Please list them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Some menu only supports control by Keyboard. Do you have the crash issue with other Blu-rays? Please list them too.

Well, as I said - "the keyboard works if the menu pulls up", so yeah I can confirm the keyboard works, but only when the menu loads which isn't very often (maybe 1 out of 4 times). I don't know about other discs yet. I'm only focused on older TV series and there's not a lot of those on blu-ray yet. As I find them I'd be happy to post, but regardless, what about this one that I am posting about? You asked for a zip file. Where can I upload that?

Comment

Here's a picture of the application when it hangs/crashes on menu load. Time count just stops at 00:00:02, no artwork loads, partial menus load (but don't do anything), not responsive to keyboard or mouse interaction.

Views:	735
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	401868

and Windows Event Viewer data:

The program DVDFab Player 6.exe version 6.1.1.7 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
                      Process ID: 237f0
                      Start Time: 01d7cf50dfaddc45
                      Termination Time: 11
                      Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab\Player 6\DVDFab Player 6.exe
                      Report Id: 49c02c5b-a4cb-4cd6-90ff-928d70b2dc1d
                      Faulting package full name:
                      Faulting package-relative application ID:
                      Hang type: Unknown

Comment

Here's a picture of the application when it hangs/crashes on menu load. Time count just stops at 00:00:02, no artwork loads, partial menus load (but don't do anything), not responsive to keyboard or mouse interaction.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	3 Size:	20.6 KB ID:	401868

and Windows Event Viewer data:

The program DVDFab Player 6.exe version 6.1.1.7 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
                        Process ID: 237f0
                        Start Time: 01d7cf50dfaddc45
                        Termination Time: 11
                        Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab\Player 6\DVDFab Player 6.exe
                        Report Id: 49c02c5b-a4cb-4cd6-90ff-928d70b2dc1d
                        Faulting package full name:
                        Faulting package-relative application ID:
                        Hang type: Unknown
                        I've checked with the developer who confirmed that there is some playback issue for some movies while using Menu mode, they will need time to check it out. He suggested that you use the simple mode to playback the problematic discs for now. Sorry for any inconvenience in this case.

Comment

I've checked with the developer who confirmed that there is some playback issue for some movies while using Menu mode, they will need time to check it out. He suggested that you use the simple mode to playback the problematic discs for now. Sorry for any inconvenience in this case.
                          The problem with that suggestion is with TV series, there's at least 8 episodes per disc. In this particular case there's variations of the 8 episodes (sing-a-longs, etc) and I need DVDFab Player Menu Mode to tell me which episode correlates to which Title on the disc for ripping; Simple Mode won't do this. For now I've had enough successful menu loads that I'm able to work, but this is a problem that needs fixing.

Comment

The problem with that suggestion is with TV series, there's at least 8 episodes per disc. In this particular case there's variations of the 8 episodes (sing-a-longs, etc) and I need DVDFab Player Menu Mode to tell me which episode correlates to which Title on the disc for ripping; Simple Mode won't do this. For now I've had enough successful menu loads that I'm able to work, but this is a problem that needs fixing.
                            I have passed your update to the developer.

Comment

I have passed your update to the developer.
                              This is still a problem in the 6.2.0.0 release.

Comment

Working...
                              X