DVDFab Passkey 9.4.0.8 keeps crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Passkey 9.4.0.8 keeps crashing

I have a lifetime license for DVDFab since over two years and it worked great.
    Suddenly, when I want to open the program, first I see the usual dialog for the process of getting the server information (for about six seconds).
    Then, it interrrupts and I get the "Bug report" window.

Please completely remove it and then download the latest version to try again. If still have a problem, please send us the log file, thanks.

Comment

log.log

I have done as you requested. Passkey version 9.4.0.9 is now installed. It still keeps crashing on the start.

I have attached the log file.

Thank you.

Comment

Try removing CloneDrive, then re-install Passkey. If it still does not work, attach the log from v9.4.0.9. Before restarting it again, delete the Passkey log file. It will create a new and shorter one when you restart it.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

log.log

I have removed Virtual CloneDrive and re-installed Passkey. Passkey still isn't working.
          I have deleted the old log file but I think that, unfortunately, the newly created log file is the same as the old one. I have included the new log file here.

Comment

Yes, unfortunately it is the identical log you supplied earlier. Please try it again with some additional steps. Try it in this sequence:
            • manually delete the entire Log folder, it is in ...(My)Documents\Passkey\
            • install ImgBurn if you do not have it and start it with no discs in any drive and no virtual drive running
            • under Tools, select Filter Driver Load Order
              • look under Lower Class Filter and if anything except “dvdfab” is listed, highlight it and click Remove
              • close ImgBurn
            • Reinstall the current Passkey version
            • Restart ImgBurn and go to Filter Driver again
              • Press Copy to Clipboard button
              • Paste to a new text document, save it and attach it to a post.
            • Restart Passkey and let it scan a disc to see the result. If it does not work, attach the new log.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

ImgBurn Filter Driver.txt

I was working through your complete list of advises.
              I attach the current Filter Driver information from ImgBurn.

The newly installed Passkey still crashes.
              This time there was no new log file created in the new BugReport.zip.

Just these files are included the new BugReport:

crashdump.dmp
              register.ini
              registry.ini
              screenshot1.jpg
              system.xml

Comment

Thanks for that, the filter driver is exactly as it should be. If it is crashing before it even generates a new log, then the developers will need to check it and hopefully will be able to duplicate the problem. Please attach the bug report.zip file.

Comment

Thank you.

The upload fails as the zip file is too big (ca. 50 MB).

What can I do?

Comment

The developers may ask you to upload it to the Fab ftp site. I will try to duplicate the problem today.

Comment

Febefe, I just downloaded and reinstalled Passkey v9.0.4.9 and it works perfectly (Win10). Try a fresh download and install again using the As Administrator context option.

Comment

I did a fresh install of v9.0.4.9 as Administrator. Unfortunately, Passkey is still crashing at the start.

Could it be that there is a problem with old entries of DVDFab Passkey in the registry?
                        If so, do you know a way how to get rid of all entries in the registry?

Comment

Try using Revo Uninstaller (not free but powerful) or the free CCleaner if the uninstall.exe that comes with the program does not clean it up. The supplied uninstaller is stored in the same folder as the program’s files.

Be careful of the settings if you use CCleaner, it will sometimes remove things you want to keep.

Comment

I tried the Revo Uninstaller but it didn't succeed either...

But: I found a solution!

I tried another installation of Passkey on my second computer (a notebook) and it was successfull and started (= connected to your server). Hurray!
                            After that I tried it again on my main PC and suddenly... it worked there as well and suddenly was able to start Passkey and log in to your server from there!

So, in looking back I guess that the problem was some kind of a hiccup when Passkey tried to connect to your server.
                            Why this hiccup was solved when I took the long way round through a different PC (notebook) of mine is beyond my understanding...

Do you have any idea what really wrong and how I can avoid a similar situation in the future?

Comment

I installed over an older version also and could not duplicate what you saw, which is almost always caused by 1) conflict with other software installed or 2) false positive from security software or firewall. It can sometimes happen after a Windows or security update. Glad it is ok now.

Comment

Working...
                              X