Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wemickna
    replied
    The audio delay feature still doesn't work as intended in Remux Audio. I know ToolKit probably isn't the product DVDFab is focused on currently but hopefully some of the major issues can be addressed at some point, because I still use it quite a bit. Negative audio delay values in Remux Audio should trim the track but instead is muting the track for the specified amount of time. Also, very small audio delay values will result in a broken track on the output file. I tired remuxing with a value of 0.14 and it produced a broken file every time. I changed the trimming so that I could remux with a value of 1.14 instead and it worked every time. I also encountered a weird bug that caused my inputted audio delay value to go down by .02. For instance, I would put in 1.14 and once I clicked away it would automatically change to 1.12, so to get the desired 1.14, I had to actually put in 1.16.
    Last edited by wemickna; 03-09-2022, 07:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wemickna
    replied
    *Another Update*

Out of curiosity I used DVDFab to rip the English track to AAC directly from the 2D blu-ray and did another remux with that file. This time both the eng and jpn tracks came out sounding good! Normally I use StreamFab to source my English tracks so extracting from an MKV with ToolKit is usually the only option. Something is going on with ToolKit's "Extract" option though that's producing a file it doesn't like to properly remux. Also, although the tracks sound higher quality now, the over all file size of the MKV goes down from 15 GB to 3 GB. I haven't noticed a big affect on the video quality but that's a huge drop in file size so somethings being downgraded/compressed. When it was producing the bad quality audio renders the file size went down to around 6 GB.

Also, I had initially used the "Copy Audio" profile which produced a TrueHD file that ToolKit didn't recognize as a supported format for remuxing. Not a big deal but would be great if support was considered in the future as I like the peace of mind knowing the audio quality is 1:1 with the original. Being able to set the default track if I'm not muting the source audio would also be really helpful.
    Last edited by wemickna; 06-11-2021, 02:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• wemickna
    replied
    I'm actually seeing that one of the files will not finish uploading to the FTP server. I think I may have exceeded a storage limit. The 3D rip wit JPN audio fails uploading at 6/15 GB. I could leave out the bad quality ToolKit render that I included in the "Videos" folder to make room, but I don't think I can delete it now that its there. That file takes up 6.29 GB and the original 3D rip is 15.56 GB.

Leave a comment:

• wemickna
    replied
    Thanks for the response Mona, I dropped "Dragon Ball Z Resurrection F" in the top directory of the FTP info you sent me previously. Inside you'll find the Japanese only SBS 3D movie I'm trying to add English to, as well as the English audio AAC file. I also included the remuxed file that I've been getting from ToolKit in the "Videos" folder. Both the Japanese and English tracks come out very low quality.

To recap, the source of my English audio is from the US 2D blu-ray which I ripped using the Theater MKV Passthrough profile in DVDFab and then extracted with ToolKit. The 3D MKV was ripped from a German 3D blu-ray with the MKV.HDR10.H265.10bit.1080p profile and bits/pixel cranked to .60. DVDFab Profile.png

Leave a comment:

• Mona
    replied
    Originally posted by wemickna View Post
    Now I'm having an issue where the quality of the audio tracks on the remuxed file are terrible. I've checked the extracted audio file and it sounds fine before being merged with the video. This time the delay worked properly though so I'm not sure if this is related or a different bug entirely. This is a different movie from the one I was originally posting about. I have everything set to "same as source" toolkit.png

In both cases I used ToolKit to extract the audio from the MKV I created with DVDFab vs the "Rip to Hi-Fi Audio" in Luanchpad. If it helps I could send you the MKV and AAC files I'm having trouble merging.
    Please send us the files via FTP, we will download and check, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• wemickna
    replied
    Sorry, here is the log as well.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• wemickna
    replied
    Now I'm having an issue where the quality of the audio tracks on the remuxed file are terrible. I've checked the extracted audio file and it sounds fine before being merged with the video. This time the delay worked properly though so I'm not sure if this is related or a different bug entirely. This is a different movie from the one I was originally posting about. I have everything set to "same as source" toolkit.png

In both cases I used ToolKit to extract the audio from the MKV I created with DVDFab vs the "Rip to Hi-Fi Audio" in Luanchpad. If it helps I could send you the MKV and AAC files I'm having trouble merging.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wemickna; 06-09-2021, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mona
    replied
    We will try to duplicate it first, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• "Remux Audio" delay suddenly not working propperly

I was using it just the other day with no issues but am now encountering a problem with adding a delay/trim to the audio file being remuxed. I set a delay of -8.55s to trim off the first few seconds but all Toolkit seems to be doing is muting the audio for that amount of time. In other words I want the 00:08.55 second mark in the audio file to be 00:00 in the newly remuxed video but it is instead rendering with the audio track untrimmed and muted for the first few seconds.
    Attached Files
Working...
X