The file is unsupported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The file is unsupported

I am attempting to use the Video Converter to convert Main Movie DVD copies that were made with prior v7 & v8 versions of DVDfab to be viewable on my iPhone. However every time I attempt to add a movie I get the following message:

Failed to open <\path\movie.vob>
    The file is unsupported.

Screenshot is attached...

I have previously been able to convert one movie with the older v8 version, but now I can't convert any of them including the one that was working before upgrading to the latest version today (8.0.6.5).

Thanks for your assistance.
    Attached Files

Please use DVD Ripper.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

But I paid for Video Converter to do this... Does it not work?

Comment

Video converter is to convert already mp4, wmv and other format to other format. What you are trying to do is convert DVD compliant files to iPhone profile which requires DVDFab DVD Ripper not Video Converter. If you want to use Video Converter you will have to select each individual vob file seperately to convert which will split the movie into 3 or more files

Comment

Great... So I bought the wrong program. There are too many different modules. It is hard to tell exactly what you need to buy...

I tried using DVD Ripper as suggested to convert a DVD to iPhone, which it did. However, when I tried to sync via iTunes it said it could not copy it as it could not be viewed on the iPhone. I had just selected DVD Ripper & iPod/iPhone. It defaulted to ipod.default, which said it was compatible with the iPhone.

What are the best Conversion Settings to be compatible with an iPhone 3GS & to get the best quality.

Thanks

Comment

Hi
            I’m not sure if this might help.
            I have used this software to “resize” movie files so that they successfully play on an ipod touch.

So perhaps it might do what you want?????...

Link removed read General Policies to know why
            good luck
            Last edited by AGJ; 12-29-2010, 06:33 AM. Reason: General Policies

Comment

Originally posted by rustisj View Post
              Great... So I bought the wrong program. There are too many different modules. It is hard to tell exactly what you need to buy...
              Absolute B/S....

You have a fully functioning 30 day trial of all modules to test them against your needs before you have to pay for it.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi rustisj,
                Have you upgraded to the latest version of DVDFab at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm? Retry to check result
                I successfully test.

Comment

Working...
                X