DVDFab failed to connect to the Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab failed to connect to the Internet

I just got the x64 version and for some reason it will not start up because it says it can't connect to the Internet. I have given it full permissions in my firewall and when that didn't work I even turned the firewall off altogether so nothing would be blocking anything and it still says it can't connect to the Internet. The x86 version has the exact same permissions in the firewall and it connects with no problems. How can I get the x64 version working?

Click image for larger version

Name:	fab.jpg
Views:	1730
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	344008

Hi Diaboyos
    Working fine here...
    Try uninstalling the latest version then downloading a fresh installer, reinstall as administrator if you did not do it the first time. Make sure to allow through windows firewall when it pops up.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I uninstalled it, rebooted, downloaded a new installer and ran it as admin, rebooted, started the program, allowed it in Windows firewall and....DVDFab failed to connect to the Internet. I turned off the firewall altogether and it still failed to connect to the Internet. Meanwhile, the x86 version still connects with no problems. Why would the x86 version connect but not the x64 version?

Comment

click common settings - then in the general settings area click the factory default settings button
        in the lower left corner. restart dvdfab and see if it'll connect to the internet.

Comment

I can't get to the settings. The splash screen appears and says Logging In then the error screen above pops up that says it can't connect to the Internet. That's as far as it gets.

Comment

I enabled HD Decrypter to get to the GUI with it "offline" and reset the settings to default. After restarting Fab it still says it can't connect to the Internet. The x86 version still loads fine.

Comment

Do you have a VPN connection
              also try checking your Antivirus software to
              see if it isn't blocking dvdfab from connecting.

Comment

I do use a VPN. The x64 version says it can't connect to the Internet both with and without the VPN. The x86 version connects to the Internet with or without the VPN. I checked the antivirus nothing is being blocked. I'm at a loss here as to why the x64 version can't connect to the Internet but the x86 version can. Are there any logs or anything that would help with this? I was wanting to get the UHD Copy/Ripper package before the sale ends in a few days but I want to make sure I can get it working first.

Comment

Their was a member with a problem like this he used a free program that cleans old files and registry called Ccleaner he said to check mark pre fetch in the programs file cleaner settings that's not check marked by default.

Delete Fab first when fab asks to save settings say NO then take the file cleaner and use it to clean all old files and pre fetch then clean registry do it till no files come up to clean maybe 2 or more times then download a fresh new version from fabs download page newest version install as admin..Can't hurt to try this.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I had the same problem and now it works fine!!

Comment

Glad to know I wasn't the only person having this problem. Unfortunately, deleting the old prefetch files did not fix it for me. It still won't connect to the Internet. Are there any Windows 7 gurus that can tell me what to look for as far as what's blocking the x64 version, and only the x64 version, from accessing the Internet? The x86 versions connect with no problems. It's not the firewall or anti-virus and I don't know what else it could be. Of all the programs, games, etc on the computer this x64 version of Fab is the only program having this issue.

The only way I can open the x64 version is by using HD Decrypter to open it in offline mode. But even if I go to activate it it still won't because it won't connect to the Internet. The trial is now over even though I never used any module a single time ( I thought we got to try it 3 times before it expired?) so now I can't do anything with it until I can get it activated.

Comment

Originally posted by Diaboyos View Post
                        Glad to know I wasn't the only person having this problem. Unfortunately, deleting the old prefetch files did not fix it for me. It still won't connect to the Internet. Are there any Windows 7 gurus that can tell me what to look for as far as what's blocking the x64 version, and only the x64 version, from accessing the Internet? The x86 versions connect with no problems. It's not the firewall or anti-virus and I don't know what else it could be. Of all the programs, games, etc on the computer this x64 version of Fab is the only program having this issue.

The only way I can open the x64 version is by using HD Decrypter to open it in offline mode. But even if I go to activate it it still won't because it won't connect to the Internet. The trial is now over even though I never used any module a single time ( I thought we got to try it 3 times before it expired?) so now I can't do anything with it until I can get it activated.
                        try restarting your computer in safe mode with networking and see if dvdfab will connect to the internet

Comment

Well Safe Mode worked for me to be able to activate it. It connected with no problems. So there's definitely something blocking it from connecting but with the firewall and anti-virus completely disabled, and this being the only program affected, I have no idea what that might be. Unfortunately, when I restarted in normal mode and started up the x64 version it wouldn't connect to the Internet again and when I started it in offline mode with HD Decrypter all of the activations were gone and it was back in an expired trial mode again. I was hopeful that after being activated in Safe Mode it would remain activated but it didn't. It still requires the Internet connection in normal mode. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Diaboyos View Post
                            Well Safe Mode worked for me to be able to activate it. It connected with no problems. So there's definitely something blocking it from connecting but with the firewall and anti-virus completely disabled, and this being the only program affected, I have no idea what that might be. Unfortunately, when I restarted in normal mode and started up the x64 version it wouldn't connect to the Internet again and when I started it in offline mode with HD Decrypter all of the activations were gone and it was back in an expired trial mode again. I was hopeful that after being activated in Safe Mode it would remain activated but it didn't. It still requires the Internet connection in normal mode. Sigh.
                            does your internet service provider (isp) use some sort of internet security blocking software ??
                            if you can get back into the 64 bit version, just click on the arrow in the upper right hand corner and
                            click open log folder and post the internal logs then maybe they can figure out your connection problem.
                            Last edited by october262; 11-06-2017, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Sorry for the delayed reply. Thanks to all for the suggestions but I finally just said screw it and reinstalled Windows. It's been 5 years so it was time for a fresh install, plus now I have it on an SSD instead of a SATA drive so it's much faster. Plus, the x64 version now works. I still don't know what was causing the problem and I'm being careful with my downloads. Like Windows updates I'm doing in batches of 10 then restarting and opening fab to make sure it still connects lol. If it stops working again I'm gonna be royally PO'ed lol but for now it's so far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X