dvdfab 10.0.6.5 x64 with windows 10 1709 16299.19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvdfab 10.0.6.5 x64 with windows 10 1709 16299.19

So I cannot succesfully rip/encode, says successful at the end but never outputs a file. You can read my other posts in this topic.

My question, is anyone running Absolute latest windows 10 able to encode H265 10bit HEVC blurays? Using 1709 windows 10 with the latest build being 16299.19

This is the only thing that has changed in my sytem since switching to threadripper 1950x from a xeon 1650-v4 6 core/12 thread system

Originally posted by hoxlund View Post
    So I cannot succesfully rip/encode, says successful at the end but never outputs a file. You can read my other posts in this topic.

My question, is anyone running Absolute latest windows 10 able to encode H265 10bit HEVC blurays? Using 1709 windows 10 with the latest build being 16299.19

This is the only thing that has changed in my sytem since switching to threadripper 1950x from a xeon 1650-v4 6 core/12 thread system
    I had this same problem running the latest windows updates.
    I had to completely uninstall and delete DVDFab while unchecking, Keep Personal Settings.
    Restart my PC.
    Run CCleaner.
    Reinstall DVDFab and configure it.

Been working great ever since.

Comment

hoxlund, I tried a few chapters of a couple on my 4 core 8 thread machine and it works fine I guess? I don't have 10-bit playback but looks good. I think the issue is on your end somewhere?
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

So since switching to threadripper 1950x its been a problem. would the memory access mode make a difference? since you can change that from UMA to NUMA

ugh frustrated, used dvdfab for years and now its an issue with threadripper. im installing 1703 right this second and suppressing 1709 update. wish me luck

Comment

the second i change it over to purely gpu encoding with my 1080ti. works great. but can only do 1 pass obviously. so what exactly is going on with dvdfab and threadripper that it isn't working?

Comment

I honestly think it isn't my setup that is the issue here. my specs:

Mobo - MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon (15 bios-latest)
            CPU - AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 3.8Ghz all cores
            Cooler - Noctua 140mm TR4 Edition
            Memory - 4x8GB Mushkin DDR4 2400
            GPU - MSI 1080Ti Lightning Z

Encoding from disc or cloned ISO on Black 4TB WD, using 850 evo SSD as temp drive

Comment

Hi hoxlund,

Please post the DVDFab log file.

Thanks!

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

well i have it working but i have to turn either lightning recode and/or shrink on. both off and it encodes successfully without outputting a file. whatever. just glad to find a workaround

Comment

Working...
                X