DVDFab Installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Installer

I noticed that with DVDFab version 11.0.0.4, the only way to get it is through the installer (or is there another way?). Is this how future versions will also install or will there still be an option to download the actual file where the user can install it, or is this the way it will be in the future? I am assuming the actual file is downloaded to a temp location which is then deleted after installation because I could not find where it download to. BTW, when I ran the installer the first two times (x64 version) it popped up with a message in red letters that it failed. The third time I tried, it installed ok. I hadn't changed anything and each attempt was made right after the other. Perhaps it was a server problem on the other end?

Personally, I like the old method of being able to download and SAVE the actual file. This had allowed me to go back to a prior version in the event there is some bug introduced in the current version, as happens from time to time, and for other troubleshooting options. With direct install only, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this in the future, since it only installs the most current version. So say for example that there is some bug in future version 11.0.0.5, and I want to revert back to 11.0.0.4, I presume I would no longer able to do this, or am I missing something? If this is the only option for now, PLEASE bring back the option for downloading and saving the actual file as it was in the past.

Thank you!

Also, thank you for changing the blurred main screen while focus was given to the scanning box (my eyes thank you too, lol), and thank you for bringing back the 'New Hope' skin! Now if you could just 'tone down' the opening splash screen as, it is a bit "loud" (or give the user the option to not even have it show, as some programs do; IMHO, the older one was much better!). Again, Thank you.

Yes, I much prefer a full offline installer to download and save. One can download the full installer in the update process though.
    Last edited by DoctorJellybean; 11-15-2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Agreed. This is very disconcerting. I always keep a backup of the two most recent versions if/when I need to re-install from my backup flash drive. To be unable to have this available is not a good idea on the part of DVDFAB. It just makes more work for us if something goes awry.

Comment

Offline Installer

32-Bit

64-Bit

Comment

Thank you fidodkk ! Where did you find those links? I searched and the only link I could find took me to the main download page, which only had links for the installer.

Comment

I have saved old direct links from the old version then just changed version number.

Comment

Please also offer the offline installer, so we can save the FabExe .
              It should be possibility for us, to return to older versions if new ones have a bug
              allegedly anti-virus programs also make problems

Last edited by D300; 11-15-2018, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fidodkk View Post
                I have saved old direct links from the old version then just changed version number.
                This may not always work going forward.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorJellybean View Post
                  Yes, I much prefer a full offline installer to download and save. One can download the full installer in the update process though.
                  I guess you are saying when you update from within the app, you still have the option (again within the app) to download and save the offline installer, correct? If that's the case, and they keep it that way, then I guess that would work too. Thanks.

Comment

Please offer the offline Installer instead of the online installer

The Antivirus software donīt let me download the Files with the online installer.

Comment

Put me down as another one in favour of an offline installer for all the reasons already stated above.
                      Thanks

Comment

+1 for offline installers. Online installers are a PITA. Dump them
                        Particularly when a program is installed on more than one PC, and/or on PCs not connected to the Internet. Both cases here.
                        +1 for the splash screen (I'd prefer to turn it off). Also, the animated icons on the main screen are too loud too.
                        Last edited by Yanta; 11-16-2018, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Please post the install.log file if the online installer does not work for you. And we can also download the offline installer from DVDFab Download Center , it will be availabled soon.

C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\DVDFab11\Log

Please offer the offline Installer instead of the online installer

The Antivirus software donīt let me download the Files with the online installer.
                          @Paeppelchen, which antibirus software is used on your computer?

Thanks!

Wilson
                          Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 11-16-2018, 02:04 AM.
                          Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Wilson,

I use G Data Total Security. I can solve the Problem when i deaktivate the Download Protection. But this is a very bad solution.

Comment

Same here. I really do not like online installers. I prefer being able to reinstall if the internet is down.

Comment

Working...
                              X