Scheduled Task not working as expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduled Task not working as expected

I started to test DVD Ripper to convert a DVD to 8K, following instructions from here: DVDFab Forum - Convert DVD to 8K?

The first problem was that it got stuck at 11% for more than three hours. And the time left at that point was 174:32:12!

Click image for larger version

Name:	dvdfbsht.png
Views:	506
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	369316

I decided to wait, but almost six hours passed and it was still stuck at 11%.

Name:	dvdfbsht2.png
Views:	407
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	369317

So I chose Continue Later, expecting it would resume the task by itself. And that's why I think Scheduled Task is not working as expected.

I set the time from 00:00 to 12:00, so that 12 hours later it would automatically resume the task.

I closed DVDFab and turned the PC off. It was yesterday.

Today I turned the PC on, launched DVDFab and thought it would recognize the DVD disc I had left in the drive (which it did), then check the time set in the schedule and resume the task. It didn't.

When I went to Task Queue > Scheduled Task, I had no option like Resume Task or similar. The only option I had was Delete.

I went to Current Task and hit Start, hoping it would resume the scheduled task, but it showed no option to resume, only to replace or save both files.

Name:	dvdfbsht3.png
Views:	402
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	369318

So I have no choice left other than start again.

I think it's not clear how Scheduled Task works, like how to set the time, how to resume a task, if it only works if the user lets de PC on and the program open.

I couldn't find anything about Scheduled Task in the online help.

Name:	dvdfbsht4.png
Views:	393
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	369320

So here I am, asking for your help. TIA.
    Attached Files
Working...
X