This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get rid of start messages like update reminder

Hi, since last update to 11.0.6.2 i get two messages at start up that i can't close or click away. there is no close or ok button. First the reminder to renew a product and under that is a Disc Messanger. The only way to close DVDfab is through Task Manager.

Sorry, can't get the screenshot to show here in Original Size Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDfab 2019-11-30 092215.jpg Views:	2 Size:	10.6 KB ID:	375311
    Last edited by LotharWeber; 11-30-2019, 11:21 AM.

I don't like to complain but Fab shouldn't have ads in any of it's software as it's not shareware but paid software.Really a pain in the ass to click off the ads and media player 6 after every time you use it.I really don't like this and will not buy any more software with ads in it.Please remove all of them.

Comment

Try check off setting "Allow 3rd party product recommendations".
      But automatically checked on every updating.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	fab.jpg Views:	2 Size:	27.2 KB ID:	375319

I am NOT bought lifetime 3rd party ads!!

Comment

Eagle: There's no such setting in the newest Fab versions so they force the ads on you. Even if it worked for Fab their media player 6 has ads every time you close it that have to be checked away to get them off your screen I won't buy this program because of this and if I knew they were putting ads in Fab I wouldn't have got it now I am stuck with it and demand the ads get taken away.I paid a lot of money for this software and ads need not be part of this.

Comment

These are used to alert users to short-term sales and promotions, which are complained about when they are missed! Enough, this thread is closed, do not start a new one on this topic.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by LotharWeber View Post
            Hi, since last update to 11.0.6.2 i get two messages at start up that i can't close or click away. there is no close or ok button. First the reminder to renew a product and under that is a Disc Messanger. The only way to close DVDfab is through Task Manager.

Sorry, can't get the screenshot to show here in Original Size Click image for larger version Name:	DVDfab 2019-11-30 092215.jpg Views:	2 Size:	10.6 KB ID:	375311
            Hi,

Please PM me the original image, thanks!

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X