Unable to Open any Blu-Ray or DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Open any Blu-Ray or DVD

When I installed the new version 11.0.6.9 this morning (Windows 10x64) to copy a disc, DVDFab no longer recognizes there is a disc in any of the drive trays. It was working fine in the previous version, so something changed. This happened to me once before and it turned out is was a security update MS pushed out for Windows 10. I can see the disc in Windows file explorer and read its contents, but DVDFab will not open the disc even if I drag and drop it into the Copy module. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

P.S., I uninstalled DVDFab and reinstalled it, and I also uninstalled the optical drives in device manager and rebooted, it still won't recognize any optical discs (even non-copy protected discs). I ran an old version of DVDFab 10 on the same machine and it's not working either. :-(

try checking your antivirus / firewall software
    to see those aren't blocking dvdfab from running

Comment

Thanks octover262; that's a good idea. Just checked my Windows 10x64 native firewall (which is the only one I have) and it showed all occurrences of DVDFab 11 enabled. :-(

Comment

Please supply the DVDFab internal log session from after it started failing to open. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, at the bottom of this post. Press F5 if you can’t see it.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

RE: Log ID# 7063410

DVDFab 11.0.6.9 fails to open any optical drives following Windows 10 security update installations.
          - If I put a dvd or blu-ray into either of my optical drives with DVDFab running, Windows File Explorer shows no disc present in either drive. Once I close DVDFab, Windows File Explorer shows the disc in the drive and is able to read it as normal.
          - If I load a dvd or blu-ray PRIOR to opening DVDFab, it remains visiable and accessable in Windows File Explorer after opening DVDFab. However, as when I try to drag and drop the drive contents (or manually open the disc) with DVDFab, it does nothing at all. DVDFab cannot access the optical drives anymore, but can access DVDFab legacy movie directories on all my hard drives.
          - This happened once before when MS pushed out security update KB4099989 in 2018 and I was able to uninstall the update and it resolved the issue.
          - Yesterday MS pushed out security update KB4523204, which cannot be uninstalled. Another update pushed out KB4515855 that keeps reinstalling itself after I uninstall it.
          - To verify it's related to Windows updates, I deauthorized my desktop PC that had the updates installed and went to my laptop and disabled Windows updates. I then installed DVDFab 11.0.6.9 on the laptop and it worked fine, so I think this is definitely related to something MS did to block DVDFab from accessing optical drives.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jazzykatt View Post
            RE: Log ID# 7063410

DVDFab 11.0.6.9 fails to open any optical drives following Windows 10 security update installations.
            - If I put a dvd or blu-ray into either of my optical drives with DVDFab running, Windows File Explorer shows no disc present in either drive. Once I close DVDFab, Windows File Explorer shows the disc in the drive and is able to read it as normal.
            - If I load a dvd or blu-ray PRIOR to opening DVDFab, it remains visiable and accessable in Windows File Explorer after opening DVDFab. However, as when I try to drag and drop the drive contents (or manually open the disc) with DVDFab, it does nothing at all. DVDFab cannot access the optical drives anymore, but can access DVDFab legacy movie directories on all my hard drives.
            - This happened once before when MS pushed out security update KB4099989 in 2018 and I was able to uninstall the update and it resolved the issue.
            - Yesterday MS pushed out security update KB4523204, which cannot be uninstalled. Another update pushed out KB4515855 that keeps reinstalling itself after I uninstall it.
            - To verify it's related to Windows updates, I deauthorized my desktop PC that had the updates installed and went to my laptop and disabled Windows updates. I then installed DVDFab 11.0.6.9 on the laptop and it worked fine, so I think this is definitely related to something MS did to block DVDFab from accessing optical drives.
            are your dvd drives selected ?? - click common settings - drives and see if they have checkmarks by them.

Comment

I neglected to mention that DVDFab no longer records any information to the log file when it fails to access the optical drives.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzykatt View Post
                I neglected to mention that DVDFab no longer records any information to the log file when it fails to access the optical drives.
                Please check PM, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X