HDR or DOLBY VISION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDR or DOLBY VISION

that is an excellent idea what you have done with the new version 11.0.8.7 of selecting your new PROFILE PRESET FEATURE but i have 1 question for you when it comes to the 4kUHD discs that have both the HDR version and the DOLBY VISION version on the same disc which one will the preset select as i i know there are alot of discs out that have the HDR and the DOLBY VISION on the same 4k disc Please advise and hopefully there are no issues with this.

Hi Laprince, thank you for your feedback.
    While the source contains DOLBY VISION, you can use those DOLBY VISION profile directly.
    It will keep both DOLBY VISION and HDR10 if the source has HDR10 too.
    And the output of DOLBY VISION profile supports to playback HDR10 on TV that supports HDR10 only.

Comment

Is there a Dolby vision profile in the ripper module that can make a MKV passthrough please advise

Comment

Hi Laprince, for what i know mkv don't support Dolby vision, there is only Mp4 container but support HD audio only in single layer format, and .TS format always in single layer format.

Comment

Well Mona is telling me to use the Dolby vision profile directly so just wondering if it is available in a MKV passthrough I will wait for a reply from Mona

Comment

From what I've known Players cannot recognize the dolby vision in MKV, so it is not available in MKV passthrough, please use MP4 Dolby Vision profile.

Comment

mkv. ... 20) should correctly recognize and preserve Dolby Vision streams in MKV file. " “Dolby Vision is not a separate codec, but rather a (HEVC) stream extension - DV data (EL+RPU) are encoded in separate NAL units, according to Dolby spec

Hi there Mona this is what I found out about MKV and Dolby vision it should recognize without any issues
              please advise

Comment

Originally posted by Laprince View Post
                mkv. ... 20) should correctly recognize and preserve Dolby Vision streams in MKV file. " “Dolby Vision is not a separate codec, but rather a (HEVC) stream extension - DV data (EL+RPU) are encoded in separate NAL units, according to Dolby spec

Hi there Mona this is what I found out about MKV and Dolby vision it should recognize without any issues
                please advise
                So what is your need for output or your recommend for output file? MKV or MP4, MKV with Dolby Vision?

Comment

I am looking to make a copy with MKV passthrough with Dolby vision

Comment

Working...
                  X