Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab 11.0.8.9 not recognising any MKV files with Drag & Drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 11.0.8.9 not recognising any MKV files with Drag & Drop?

As my header says, I just downloaded the latest version of DVDFab & Converter is not recognising MKVs when using Drag & Drop? Doesn't work with MP4s either. Don't know about other formats?
    Last edited by magnu; 05-22-2020, 04:16 PM.

I tried some random MP4/MKV video files, it worked well while drag & drop. So, please confirm whether the MKVs/MP4s you tried can be loaded into DVDFab Converter or not while you use the "+Add" button.

If still have the same issue, please try to completely remove and then install DVDFab to see the result.

We will also need the dvdfab_internal log file to help check it out.

Comment

It works when I go to the +Add button and the select from the folder. Also, I can't upload the dvdfab_internal log file because it's over 7,000kbs????
      I'm going to delete all of that folder and see if it makes a difference when I reinstall DVDFab.

Comment

I've just discovered that in my Documents folder, where the Log files were placed automatically within a folder called DVDFab11, another folder has also been created on the 22 May called DVDFab 11? The original folder has the date 4th January.
        I'm presuming all my recent problems are down to the fact that DVDFab is looking for log files in this new folder, which only has an empty folder within called Log?
        I think I will move all the files in the other folder into this one and see what happens?

I've just done what I said above, but noticed DVDFab creates a new folder called DVDFab 11, which is empty, as well as the other one which doesn't have the space after DVDFab. As I had moved all the folders out of the DVDFab11 folder, new files were created & my original problem here has now been fixed!

Is there anything was in that folder originally that I should put back in?
        Last edited by magnu; 05-25-2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

There should be only one folder and DVDFab 11 is the latest one.
          The DVDFab11 folder should not affect the use of DVDFab, you can delete this folder.

Comment

I have noticed this as well it does not recognize MKV files or folder but as soon as I add it to the converter module it is there it recognized it but not in the ripper module or copy module this is with the newest update of 11.0.8.9 please advise

Comment

And I also had to delete 1 DVDFab 11 folder in my documents as with the new update it created a second folder so I deleted one as well please fix this and advise

Comment

Hi Laprince, in this case, please completely remove DVDFab 11, delete the DVDFab Folders in Documents, just to be sure you can use CCleaner to help with the uninstall. After that, reboot your computer, download a fresh DVDFab from our website, install and run it as administrator to see the result.

Comment

Ok but why is DVDFab not recognizing MKV files or folders but the converter module does as soon as I use that module but when I use the ripper module it does not recognize MKV files and folders I can’t even drag it over because it is always empty even in the copy module it is empty it only recognizes it in the converter module please advise

Comment

You can’t use mkv files as a Source in Copy or Ripper, only disc-type (VIDEO_TS, BDMV) content on disc, iso or folder. Drag and drop should work for mkv in Converter or Creator.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok that is perfect then thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X