No announcement yet.

Ripper / MP4.4K.DolbyVision.H265.10Bit / film is almost colorless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Specific Feature Ripper / MP4.4K.DolbyVision.H265.10Bit / film is almost colorless

Have DVDfab 12.0.7.2 (Win). I ripped the movie "The Dark Tower" with Dolby Vision as an MP4 file. Unfortunately, I had to find out that Dolby Vision is displayed on my Panasonic HZ2000, but unfortunately the film is almost colorless. In the settings for the ripper module: "MP4.4K.DolbyVision.H265.10Bit" single layer was automatically selected and I can't select anything else. What am I doing wrong ? Thanks

I just ripped Alita-Battle Angel 4K (MP4-DolbyVision) the same way and it works on my TV. But I don't know why.

Comment

Is this single-layer signal for Dolby Vision, in terms of picture quality, as good as that of a conventional Blu-ray player that can do Dolby Vision (dual-layer)?

Comment

Originally posted by LEXXE View Post
        Have DVDfab 12.0.7.2 (Win). I ripped the movie "The Dark Tower" with Dolby Vision as an MP4 file. Unfortunately, I had to find out that Dolby Vision is displayed on my Panasonic HZ2000, but unfortunately the film is almost colorless. In the settings for the ripper module: "MP4.4K.DolbyVision.H265.10Bit" single layer was automatically selected and I can't select anything else. What am I doing wrong ? Thanks
        try going into common settings - av codec - select disable all gpu codecs for decoding & encoding
        restart dvdfab and retry the disc again and see if the result is any better.

Comment

Alright, I'll do that. Thank you for your quick response.

Comment

Could you also comment on my post number 3. Is the Dolby Vision picture quality (single layer) the same as with a conventional Bluray player (dual layer)?

Comment

Could you also comment on my post number 3. Is the Dolby Vision picture quality (single layer) the same as with a conventional Bluray player (dual layer)?
              see post #5 for more info - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...n-single-layer

Comment

Thanks for the hint. Apparently there is no real Dolby Vision in the MP4 files, just portions of HDR10 12-bit. The metadata for automatically adjusting each scene (contrast/brightness, etc.) is missing. That's a shame, of course, and it makes no sense for me to put in the effort and just copy my films and watch them in HDR.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try going into common settings - av codec - select disable all gpu codecs for decoding & encoding
                  restart dvdfab and retry the disc again and see if the result is any better.
                  Thank you, that worked perfectly, the film suddenly has color again. Will leave these gpu codecs disabled in the future and let the cpu do the math.

Comment

Thank you, that worked perfectly, the film suddenly has color again. Will leave these gpu codecs disabled in the future and let the cpu do the math.
                    Hi, it should work when enabling GPU. Would you please provide the dvdfab_internal log file and the fabcheck_intenral log file? I will have the developer check them. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Mona, unfortunately I had to rip the film "The Dark Tower" again in DolbyVision, something was wrong with the subtitles. I ripped the movie with DVDfab v12.0.7.5 and the profile MP4.4K.DolbyVision.H265.10Bit. Unfortunately I have the problem with the missing colors or the color saturation again. At the moment the picture only has the colors pink and light green. What's wrong? I've now attached the log files and hope you find the problem. thanks
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mona, unfortunately I had to rip the film "The Dark Tower" again in DolbyVision, something was wrong with the subtitles. I ripped the movie with DVDfab v12.0.7.5 and the profile MP4.4K.DolbyVision.H265.10Bit. Unfortunately I have the problem with the missing colors or the color saturation again. At the moment the picture only has the colors pink and light green. What's wrong? I've now attached the log files and hope you find the problem. thanks
                        The QA team will check your log file and try to duplicate the problem first, I will update you when there is news. Please kindly wait, thank you.

Comment

Found the problem now. It's my Panasonic Oled TV and its USB3.0 input. The same MP4 file runs fine on the Zidoo media player.

Comment

Found the problem now. It's my Panasonic Oled TV and its USB3.0 input. The same MP4 file runs fine on the Zidoo media player.
                            Thanks for the update, glad you found out the problem.

Comment

Working...
                            X