Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fate of DRM Removal for Apple in DVDFAB 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fate of DRM Removal for Apple in DVDFAB 13?

So a long time ago, I purchased the since retired DRM Removal for Apple . It still installs as part of DVDFab 12, and while it doesn't work for movies that need newer iOS versions, it does still work for music.

If I switch to DVDFab 13, will I lose DRM Removal for Apple?

In the DVDFab 13 release notes it said DRM Removal for Apple will be discontinued in DVDFab 13 but can still be used normally in DVDFab 12. So, if you want to use DRM Removal from Apple you need to keep DVDFab 12 installed....which will easily co-exist with an installation of DVDFab 13.

Just curious, do you prefer DRM Removal for Apple over MusicFab? It is too bad it is a separate purchase. Even though DVDFab said MusicFab is a "partner company" I have a suspicion (just my opinion, I could be wrong) that they actually own it. If I am correct then I feel they should give all users that have a current license of DRM Removal for Apple a free license to the Apple Music module in MusicFab. Similar to what they did when they left out some of the modules that were in DVDFab 12 from the new DVDFab13 and instead moved them to UniFab.

Comment

Originally posted by jkadlec View Post
      In the DVDFab 13 release notes it said DRM Removal for Apple will be discontinued in DVDFab 13 but can still be used normally in DVDFab 12. So, if you want to use DRM Removal from Apple you need to keep DVDFab 12 installed....which will easily co-exist with an installation of DVDFab 13.
      Ahh I missed the release notes. Thanks!

Just curious, do you prefer DRM Removal for Apple over MusicFab?
      Because I already paid for DRM Removal for Apple, and it still works great for Music and its quick. So why pay for something else? To be honest, Once I saw the price of MusicFab, I didn't even try it or look at it again. IF/When DRM Removal for Apple stops working, then I'll look for other options.

It is too bad it is a separate purchase. Even though DVDFab said MusicFab is a "partner company" I have a suspicion (just my opinion, I could be wrong) that they actually own it. If I am correct then I feel they should give all users that have a current license of DRM Removal for Apple a free license to the Apple Music module in MusicFab. Similar to what they did when they left out some of the modules that were in DVDFab 12 from the new DVDFab13 and instead moved them to UniFab.
      Yes, giving a license for the Apple module in MusicFab to those who purchased DRM Remover for Apple would be a nice gesture. Or even a large % off coupon toward purchase.

Comment

Hi,

May be better also to integrate DRM Removal in DVDFab 13 for the user who has the module.

Yes, giving a license for the Apple module in MusicFab to those who purchased DRM Remover for Apple would be a nice gesture. Or even a large % off coupon toward purchase.
        We will consider for this, thanks!

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
          May be better also to integrate DRM Removal in DVDFab 13 for the user who has the module.
          That would be awesome!

I know I suggested a bigger discount on MusicFab, but nice thing about DRM Removal in DVDFab, since I have multi computer licenses for it, I have it installed on my desktop and laptop. It would be difficult for FAB to account for such situations if giving a bigger discount on MusicFab.

Comment

Wilson.Wang I no longer use DRM Removal for Apple as I have a license for (and prefer) MusicFab but that would be amazing for people that still do use it. ...and it would also be excellent customer service.

Comment

Working...
            X