MP4 H.264 Output files from Ripper Do Not Play Properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP4 H.264 Output files from Ripper Do Not Play Properly

Screwed up MP4 output files seem to be a continuing problem for the new DVDFab 13 and UniFab. I originally reported a problem with MP4 files from Unifab not playing with video way back on 10/14/23, but I had not tested them from DVDFab 13 until 13.0.0.7. Now I have tested this with DVDFab 13.0.0.7 and 13.0.0.8, and any MP4 output files from Ripper DO NOT PLAY PROPERLY with VLC Media Player.

The problem is quite similar to what I originally reported with UniFab, but that time the issue was only with my Android TV box using the Kodi video player. NOW the problem I report is with VLC media Player 3.0.20 on my computer, so you should be able to test this easily.

I used Ripper 13.0.0.8 with the (MP4.Mobile) profile, no settings change at all, and the MP4 output file only plays audio in VLC media player. NO video is show. In fact, VLC does not even show a playback screen for these files.

I DID use the AMD APP hardware Video Encoder for these tests, and that seems to be a huge problem for your developers. They have not been able to make that encodoer work right for over two years! But the problem is still there even if I UN-check the "Enable Lightning-Recoding" option in the A/V Codec settings.

I am attaching the logs. DVDFab13.log fabcheck_internal.log
Working...
X