Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Law & Order S01E04 keeps completing early but not always at the same time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Law & Order S01E04 keeps completing early but not always at the same time.

I am having issues ripping S01E04 of Law & Order. It is finishing before the end of the episode like everything is working correctly. Oddly it is ending at different points. It is a brand new DVD. Other disks are also having the same issue but some of them are working just fine. I have tried turning pathplayer on or off and nether work.

DVDFab version 13.0.1.6
    I included DVDFab13.log (I hope that is the correct one)
    Attached Files

Perhaps you can use Copy - Clone mode to make an ISO copy, and then use the ISO file as a source to convert again and see the result.

Comment

tested copy - clone and I am getting error messages. What am I likely running into? Is this copy protection or did I get a bad disk?

Comment

Originally posted by henry@sitkamail.com View Post
        tested copy - clone and I am getting error messages. What am I likely running into? Is this copy protection or did I get a bad disk?
        click the 3 hamburger lines in the upper right hand corner of the dvdfab interface,
        click settings - DVD - pathplayer - disable pathplayer - restart dvdfab and retry the disc again and see
        if the disc will copy now.

Comment

Still has issues when I do that. The log file should show an attempt with pathplayer disabled.

Comment

Is this disc an original or a bootleg copy? You can usually tell by seeing if it is copy protected or not - and single vs. dual layer media. Bootlegs are generally not copy protected and single layer media. Bootlegs are usually mediocre quality. However, I am assuming you have played episode 4 and it plays all the way to the end ok.
            Have you tried copying the disc in folder/file mode? Choose "Full Disc" to a folder on your hard disc and see if all the episodes copy down properly.

Comment

Still has issues when I do that. The log file should show an attempt with pathplayer disabled.
              does dvdfab say that the copy process is successful or when the disc is ejected from the drive ( the disc ejects while still copying) ??

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
                Is this disc an original or a bootleg copy? You can usually tell by seeing if it is copy protected or not - and single vs. dual layer media. Bootlegs are generally not copy protected and single layer media. Bootlegs are usually mediocre quality. However, I am assuming you have played episode 4 and it plays all the way to the end ok.
                Have you tried copying the disc in folder/file mode? Choose "Full Disc" to a folder on your hard disc and see if all the episodes copy down properly.
                It is a full box set of all 20 seasons. Sure looks legit. I am not 100% sure how to tell if there is copy protection or not. It seems like it might be a disk or drive issue? I tried playing it on the same computer using VLC and it freezes on play.

Comment

It is a full box set of all 20 seasons. Sure looks legit. I am not 100% sure how to tell if there is copy protection or not. It seems like it might be a disk or drive issue? I tried playing it on the same computer using VLC and it freezes on play.
                  If this was my set of discs - based on it freezes on playback - I would start by cleaning the disc (maybe you have already done that). I use my trusty old Discwasher CD Cleaner, but there are alternatives out there also. After cleaning, try playing it again.

You can learn more about the disc by going into the "Information" box in DVDFab. Launch DVDFab, then insert your DVD in your drive. Click "Copy" in the left column. The program should see the disc and bring up a dialog box indicating the title. Click the "i" in the small circle to the right of the displayed disc title. That should open up the "Information" box to view. Bootlegs are usually not restricted and region free. Dual layer discs show "Layer 0" & Layer 1" sizes If you see only "Layer 0" it is single layer (bootlegs are usually single layer). Farther down in that box you will see indications of what copy protection is on the disc that DVDFab is removing. Bootlegs generally do not have copy protection. I would suggest that if it is restricted to 1 or 2 regions only, is copy protected & dual layer, it is probably a legitimate disc title. My problem with bootlegs is that they are usually compressing a dual layer disc to fit onto single layer media. The more compression - the more the video deteriorates.

Hopefully cleaning the disc will improve matters for you.

Comment

It looks like there is no protection and a lot of regions. See attached info file for details.

This is what I purchased. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HU0TBI...roduct_details

Should I work on returning it? I did a though the disk looks perfect and have tried all the above suggestion plus all the steps I would normally take my self with no luck. I have been focusing on this one disk to keep the conversation simple but other disks in the set have also had similar issues.
                    Attached Files

Comment

It looks like there is no protection and a lot of regions. See attached info file for details.

This is what I purchased. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HU0TBI...roduct_details

Should I work on returning it? I did a though the disk looks perfect and have tried all the above suggestion plus all the steps I would normally take my self with no luck. I have been focusing on this one disk to keep the conversation simple but other disks in the set have also had similar issues.
                      try reinstalling dvdfab (reboot computer after doing so) and see if the errors persist.

Comment

This is what I purchased. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HU0TBI?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_detail s

I went to the link you provided - there are plenty of other customers who report this set to be poor quality with defects. Based on the txt file you provided I expect this is a bootleg. I generally refuse to accept bootlegs when I purchase because of the inherent poor quality of the products in my experience. You'll have to decide how to handle this - but I would refuse to pay and insist on a return. Amazon is usually pretty good about this. Make sure you clearly tell them the set is seriously defective and obviously a bootleg. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you all for your help.

Comment

Working...
                          X