No announcement yet.

Web or Mobile profile when downloading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v2.0.0.0 Web or Mobile profile when downloading?

We know that StreamFab for Windows and MAC look like a browser to the streaming services, so they have the resolution limits of a browser.

With StreamFab for Android running on a mobile device, does it look like a web browser or mobile device? In other words, can it get around the 720p "web" limit on streaming services to download higher resolution as newer streaming services are supported?

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
    We know that StreamFab for Windows and MAC look like a browser to the streaming services, so they have the resolution limits of a browser.

With StreamFab for Android running on a mobile device, does it look like a web browser or mobile device? In other words, can it get around the 720p "web" limit on streaming services to download higher resolution as newer streaming services are supported?
    according to this - https://www.dvdfab.cn/streamfab-for-...ckid=headmenu2
    you can download in 1080p.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

according to this - https://www.dvdfab.cn/streamfab-for-...ckid=headmenu2
      you can download in 1080p.
      Yes, but only Prime and Netflix are supported right now, which offer 1080p to web browser profile.

Disney+ and Hulu, listed as "in the future" for StreamFab Android, are limited to 720p for web browsers, which is why Desktop StreamFab only does 720p max. So I'm curious if StreamFab android will have the same limits or not.
      Last edited by KidJoe; 11-26-2022, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Yes, but only Prime and Netflix are supported right now, which offer 1080p to web browser profile.

Disney+ and Hulu, listed as "in the future" for StreamFab Android, are limited to 720p for web browsers, which is why Desktop StreamFab only does 720p max. So I'm curious if StreamFab android will have the same limits or not.
        Same. I never bothered with the disney on streamfab pc as 720p. I wish there were full specs on the new app so you could see if usable for disney. Eg Atmos? Resolution?

Comment

Originally posted by Mobe1969 View Post

Same. I never bothered with the disney on streamfab pc as 720p. I wish there were full specs on the new app so you could see if usable for disney. Eg Atmos? Resolution?
          Downloading from Amazon Prime results in 2 channel AAC audio. I don't know if future enhancement is possible to get 5.1.

Comment

Downloading from Amazon Prime results in 2 channel AAC audio. I don't know if future enhancement is possible to get 5.1.
            I guess more important to know resolution for each platform it supports. I can get better audio from PC version, and if I can get better video on mobile, I can remux. I'm frankly not interested in 720p.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobe1969 View Post

I guess more important to know resolution for each platform it supports. I can get better audio from PC version, and if I can get better video on mobile, I can remux. I'm frankly not interested in 720p.
              I was thinking the same thing. If I download 1080p on mobile and remix with audio from the 720p PC download, I'd be happy. A few extra steps but not too bad

Comment

Working...
              X