Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix videos not playing/recording in real time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix videos not playing/recording in real time?

Wanting to know if this is normal. When downloading/recording a Netflix video, it plays jerky and takes approximately 2x as long as the length of the video. It doesn't matter if I play at normal speed or 1.5x. The resulting file plays fine once done though. The QDrmCef,exe file is using ~65-75% of a Core i7 CPU on Win 10 x64.

Thanks........Pete

Hi,

DRM Downloader also encode the video to MP4 file when playing back the movie, I suggest that you get a NVIDIA GTX 10 series card to use the GPU to encode the file.

It's using 20% CPU only when playing back the video in 2x speed and also playing back smooth. Using i7-6700, GTX 1050 Card.

And also please confirm that the driver is installed for your intel HD card. (You can also send me the info from the free tool CPU-Z, we will check it)

Thanks!

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

DRM Downloader also encode the video to MP4 file when playing back the movie, I suggest that you get a NVIDIA GTX 10 series card to use the GPU to encode the file.

It's using 20% CPU only when playing back the video in 2x speed and also playing back smooth. Using i7-6700, GTX 1050 Card.

And also please confirm that the driver is installed for your intel HD card. (You can also send me the info from the free tool CPU-Z, we will check it)

Thanks!

Wilson
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Wilson. Below is the graphics section from a CPU-Z report:

Graphics
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of adapters 1

Graphic APIs

API D3D
        API Intel I/O

Display Adapters

Display adapter 0
        ID 0x4000000
        Name Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
        Board Manufacturer Lenovo
        PCI device bus 0 (0x0), device 2 (0x2), function 0 (0x0)
        Vendor ID 0x8086 (0x17AA)
        Model ID 0x5917 (0x225C)
        Revision ID 0x7
        Performance Level 0

Win32_VideoController AdapterRAM = 0x40000000 (1073741824)
        Win32_VideoController DriverVersion = 27.20.100.8935
        Win32_VideoController DriverDate = 10/28/2020

Monitor 0
        Model ()
        ID LEN40A9
        Serial
        Manufacturing Date Week 0, Year 2017
        Size 13.9 inches
        Max Resolution 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
        Horizontal Freq. Range 0-0 kHz
        Vertical Freq. Range 0-0 Hz
        Max Pixel Clock 0 MHz
        Gamma Factor 2.2

Are you suggesting that what I am experiencing is normal for most mainstream PCs, or at least PCs without a discrete graphics card? To other users..... are you experiencing this?

Comment

Originally posted by zekeblue View Post
          Wanting to know if this is normal. When downloading/recording a Netflix video, it plays jerky and takes approximately 2x as long as the length of the video. It doesn't matter if I play at normal speed or 1.5x. The resulting file plays fine once done though. The QDrmCef,exe file is using ~65-75% of a Core i7 CPU on Win 10 x64.

Thanks........Pete
          do you have your computer connected to WIFI or are you using Ethernet cable ??
          might try signing in to Netflix, select your profile, select account, under profile, select playback settings ,
          under data usage, select High, select save, and retry Netflix again to see if the video quality settings improve.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

do you have your computer connected to WIFI or are you using Ethernet cable ??
            might try signing in to Netflix, select your profile, select account, under profile, select playback settings ,
            under data usage, select High, select save, and retry Netflix again to see if the video quality settings improve.
            Thanks for chiming in.

Wifi, but bandwidth use is pretty low. Nowhere near the wifi's capacity. Playback settings in Netflix are already on High. It is the processing of the video within my computer that seems to be the bottleneck. 70% CPU use. From your response, it sounds like this should not be the case.

Comment

Thanks for chiming in.

Wifi, but bandwidth use is pretty low. Nowhere near the wifi's capacity. Playback settings in Netflix are already on High. It is the processing of the video within my computer that seems to be the bottleneck. 70% CPU use. From your response, it sounds like this should not be the case.
              what antivirus software do you use ?? you might try checking that.
              especially if you anything other than windows defender.

Comment

what antivirus software do you use ?? you might try checking that.
                especially if you anything other than windows defender.
                I'm using Defender plus Malwarebytes. I can give it a try disabling. I'll be back!

Edit: No difference. Are you running with integrated graphics and having a smoother experience? I wish a few others could confirm or deny the problem. If it is expected, I'll have to live with it. If not, I'll troubleshoot in earnest. Thanks.
                Last edited by zekeblue; 12-25-2020, 02:11 AM.

Comment

I'm using Defender plus Malwarebytes. I can give it a try disabling. I'll be back!

Edit: No difference. Are you running with integrated graphics and having a smoother experience? I wish a few others could confirm or deny the problem. If it is expected, I'll have to live with it. If not, I'll troubleshoot in earnest. Thanks.
                  what web browser are you using to watch Netflix on ??
                  if not already, you might want to use Firefox.

Comment

what web browser are you using to watch Netflix on ??
                    if not already, you might want to use Firefox.
                    Hmm. I'm using the one built into DRM Downloader. Firefox is my regular browser. I didn't realize you could do the downloading while playing in a different browser. I'll try it.

Edit: Can't see a way to download in DRM if playing in Firefox. Did I misunderstand you or am I missing something?
                    Last edited by zekeblue; 12-25-2020, 02:47 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I confirmed that it's the bug of DRM Video Downloader, the Intel GPU is not used when encoding the files.

Please wait the version and it will be fixed.

Thanks!

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                        Hi,

I confirmed that it's the bug of DRM Video Downloader, the Intel GPU is not used when encoding the files.

Thanks!

Wilson
                        Hey, thanks! That was quick troubleshooting behind the scenes. I can stop worrying about it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                          Hi,

Thanks!

Wilson
                          Tried 3.0.0.3. Doesn't look like this fix is included yet. 1x, 1.5x or high speed download switch make no difference in download speed. Video is still playing jerky and CPU still at ~70%, but at least it is recording the video in approx the same time as its length instead of twice as long!

Comment

Tried 3.0.0.3. Doesn't look like this fix is included yet. 1x, 1.5x or high speed download switch make no difference in download speed. Video is still playing jerky and CPU still at ~70%, but at least it is recording the video in approx the same time as its length instead of twice as long!
                            does your ISP have some sort of speed / download cap going on ??
                            might try connecting to Ethernet cable and see if you get the same download speeds

Comment

does your ISP have some sort of speed / download cap going on ??
                              might try connecting to Ethernet cable and see if you get the same download speeds
                              Thanks, but since Wilson says it is a bug in the program, I will look to my system only if I'm told it has already been fixed. No ISP speed caps. Getting >25Mbps on my laptop with wifi. CPU is the bottleneck.

Comment

Working...
                              X