Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix download resolution for me is not HD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix download resolution for me is not HD!

Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have tested on 3 different machines with win 7, 8.1, and 10. All have the same issue.

Zero Netflix downloads are in HD.

Nine popular movies only come in at 480p.

I have been able to get 3 movies to download in 1080p. But the file size, and my eyes and ears, tell me they are NOT HD. File size is only 1.8 gb vs the 9 gb of the same movie downloaded before the DRM change. And even though is says it's an eac3 5.1 audio track, there's no noise coming out of the surrounds.

Hear are the logs for "Awake" with poor quality 1080p and "Wish Dragon" in 480p.
    Attached Files

I did some testing with this, using Ragnarok, and with 4.0.2, I can confirm that there's just no way this is 1080p
    SOME of this is. Some of the files end up being about 2.4-2.5 gigs, which is about normal for 1080p for an hour
    MOST of the files are not, however.
    Out of 7 episodes (season 2), 3 were under 700m. This is not HQ, 1080p, at all
    Additionally, in 4.0.2, it seems subtitles just aren't being downloaded from Netflix?
    Attached Files

Comment

Can also confirm Wish Dragon is downloading at DVD quality, NOT HD

Comment

Please mention all the affected titles if they are not in the logs, this will allow for better coverage testing if they fix something

Comment

Thanks for the back-up folks. I knew it wasn't just me!

Comment

Working...
          X