Size of mp4 file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size of mp4 file

I downloaded Infinite from Paramount on 4.0.0.6 or 4.0.0.5.and the movie had audio issues. And I did Handmaid's last 3 episodes of Handmaid's Tale season 4 and they were choppy or stutter on the previous versions of Streamfab as well. So I downloaded Infinite and Handmaid's episodes on 4.0.0.7. The episodes looks so much better, no issues with the video quality. I haven't listen to the audio of Infinite yet. But I noticed the size of the mp4s ballooned up to 4 to 5 times the size. Infinite (1080) was 3.57 gb and now it's 15.8. A Handmaid's episode (720) averaged 600 mb and now it's 2.5 gb. The data rate and total bitrate is high on the 4.0.0.7. I understand higher, the better a video quality brings. But it does take up a lot of space on a hard drive. Any way we can change settings on bitrate?

I noticed that with Netflix it now shows "reencoding" and the file size for recent movies has gone from 3-4gb to 16gb. That's just too much without the ability to set the quality like you've said.

Comment

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say you're running into issues with the encoding process, somehow, and things are getting inflated that way. You'll want to open a support ticket, as community forums aren't really going to be able to help much with that one

I did take a look at Handmaiden 4x10 , no choppy here, and the filesize is (about) what I'd expect for 720p , at 750m (ish).

Like I said, what's most likely happening is that your hardware (cpu or GPU) is unable to keep up with the post download process, and you're ending up with bloated files. I've seen this a few times with other software.

Have you tried this on 4.0.0.8 ?

Comment

I was finally able to download infinite on 4.0.0.7 w/o audio issues and the size is 3.36GB. I also went ahead and downloaded various other movies and they range in size from 2.8GB to 4.43GB.

Comment

Working...
        X