Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About the difference in the process when downloading ver.4.0.0.7 and 4.0.0.8 U-NEXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the difference in the process when downloading ver.4.0.0.7 and 4.0.0.8 U-NEXT

In ver.4.0.0.7, after downloading the audio / video of the video title, the video analysis starts, and then it is remaxed and the download is completed.
    In ver.4.0.0.8, after downloading the audio / video of the video title, it will be re-encoded and then remaxed to complete the download.
    There is no difference in the processing time itself between parsing and re-encoding the video, but there is a considerable difference in the capacity itself.
    Example: Same title of about 57 minutes
    Ver.4.0.0.7 (1.54 GB)
    Ver.4.0.0.8 (1.97 GB)
    I played them together and compared them, but I couldn't find any difference with my own eyes. If you can download it in a beautiful and stable state, you will not be concerned about the increase in video capacity, but I am very concerned about the item "re-encoding" that you first saw in ver.4.0.0.8.
    It would be nice if "video analysis" up to ver.4.0.0.7 and "re-encoding" of ver.4.0.0.8 have the same processing content only by the difference in words, but otherwise the re-encoding processing is really If so, please return to the previous form without re-encoding in the next version.

Other users reported that they wanted higher quality, so we adjusted the profile and bitrate used in the encoding.

Comment

Working...
    X