DiscoveryPlus - Audio Out of Sync on Season 3 of Crikey! It's The Irwins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DiscoveryPlus - Audio Out of Sync on Season 3 of Crikey! It's The Irwins

After downloading the first seven episodes of season 3 of Crikey! It's the Irwins, I noticed that after the first commercial break point, the audio goes out of sync. The degree to which it is out of sync varies; there are two episodes that looked fine (S3E03, S3E07) but at closer examination they are also slightly out of sync (the Irwins often speak slowly, and often elongate their words, so it was hard to spot in these two episodes). I am pretty sure it is the re-encoding that causes this (which takes forever), since the degree of the error varies. I also noticed a few moments of stutter (nowhere near as bad as that from Hulu). Hopefully these can be fixed.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by fosse76 View Post
    After downloading the first seven episodes of season 3 of Crikey! It's the Irwins, I noticed that after the first commercial break point, the audio goes out of sync. The degree to which it is out of sync varies; there are two episodes that looked fine (S3E03, S3E07) but at closer examination they are also slightly out of sync (the Irwins often speak slowly, and often elongate their words, so it was hard to spot in these two episodes). I am pretty sure it is the re-encoding that causes this (which takes forever), since the degree of the error varies. I also noticed a few moments of stutter (nowhere near as bad as that from Hulu). Hopefully these can be fixed.
    I'm just wondering, when you said commercial break point, are you on the cheaper Discovery+ plan with commercials or the commercial free plan? I'm just wondering if that has an impact on the timing if there are ads that are being removed. I'm on the commercial free plan and haven't noticed any issues with the 25 or so sampling of episodes I've downloaded.

Comment

Originally posted by tdfrgsn View Post

I'm just wondering, when you said commercial break point, are you on the cheaper Discovery+ plan with commercials or the commercial free plan? I'm just wondering if that has an impact on the timing if there are ads that are being removed. I'm on the commercial free plan and haven't noticed any issues with the 25 or so sampling of episodes I've downloaded.
      I'm on the commercial-free plan. But I've only downloaded these episodes, I haven't tried any other series. I restarted my computer and am re-downloading the first two episodes of S03 to see if that helps. But the re-encoding takes a really long time.

****EDIT

I just re-downloaded the first episode of the third season, and the audio doesn't go out of sync until after the last commercial break point. As I said, it's not consistent. I did look at the show in my normal browser, and there were no issues with the source.

I've also downloaded the first episode of Return to Amish, Season 6, and have the same issue. The audio goes out of sync somewhere in the middle of the episode.
      Last edited by fosse76; 07-17-2021, 03:08 AM.

Comment

I have downloaded serveral episode and I have watched 3 of them 42 minute episodes and I don't have any sync issues and i have the commmercial free Discovery Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by XX14 View Post
          I have downloaded serveral episode and I have watched 3 of them 42 minute episodes and I don't have any sync issues and i have the commmercial free Discovery Plus.
          What's your point? I am having this issue.

Comment

I'm using Discovery+ Ad-Free also, and am noticing audio out of sync with "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch" Season 1 episode 1, 2, and 3. I concur that it does take a long time to re-render, and if I use BD-Rebuilder to rerender any of the episodes to 23.976 it's still longer than after the download. I'm also wondering why it's rerendering at 29.97fps?? If I rerender and apply IVTC to get 23.976 it looks as it should. If it's downloading at UHD then I can understand the rerendering, but to 29.97??? Also, Subtitles are not being downloaded. At least they got it to where we CAN download!! As posted above, and I haven't done it yet it...redownloading can fix that. So, I'm glad that we can AT LEAST Download.. Those of use with a bit more skills, can break episodes apart at commercial breaks and make changes, then put them back together.

Fosse76.. Relax. Some people are going to have the problem while others aren't. Now we have to provide logs, which I will do soon. Not all computers are the same. Provide logs without the irritations to further the progress. I really dig the release..it's a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by SirRush View Post
              I'm using Discovery+ Ad-Free also, and am noticing audio out of sync with "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch" Season 1 episode 1, 2, and 3. I concur that it does take a long time to re-render, and if I use BD-Rebuilder to rerender any of the episodes to 23.976 it's still longer than after the download. I'm also wondering why it's rerendering at 29.97fps?? If I rerender and apply IVTC to get 23.976 it looks as it should. If it's downloading at UHD then I can understand the rerendering, but to 29.97??? Also, Subtitles are not being downloaded. At least they got it to where we CAN download!! As posted above, and I haven't done it yet it...redownloading can fix that. So, I'm glad that we can AT LEAST Download.. Those of use with a bit more skills, can break episodes apart at commercial breaks and make changes, then put them back together.

Fosse76.. Relax. Some people are going to have the problem while others aren't. Now we have to provide logs, which I will do soon. Not all computers are the same. Provide logs without the irritations to further the progress. I really dig the release..it's a good start.
              I can confirm on skinwalker ranch it season 1 episode 1 it is out of sync not by much but very noticable by the end.
              from start to finish downloading and rencoding took just about13 minutes for me I have 500MBS Internet speed and I am running a 5950x Ryzen with 64 GBS of ram and a RTX 3070TI Nividia GPU.

I am sure The devs will have the sync issue taken care of pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by XX14 View Post
                I can confirm on Skinwalker Ranch Season 1 Episode 1 - it is out of sync not by much but very noticeable by the end.
                From start to finish downloading and rencoding took just about 13 minutes for me I have 500MBS Internet speed and I am running a 5950x Ryzen with 64 GBS of RAM and a RTX 3070TI nVIDIA GPU.

I am sure The devs will have the sync issue taken care of pretty fast.
                I'm re-downloading Episode 1 to see if it's any better. The problems aren't related to Internet speed..I have a good connection. I'm using a Ryzen 5 3600 with 32GB RAM, so speed isn't the problem. Running Windows 7 still and not stopping any time soon with Windows 10 installed with the horrible GUI..so I rarely use it. It isn't about computer specs anyway, it's about what you typed: the developers will get it. Same as I typed before, they got it released to be able to download. That's the start.

Comment

Originally posted by SirRush View Post

I'm re-downloading Episode 1 to see if it's any better. The problems aren't related to Internet speed..I have a good connection. I'm using a Ryzen 5 3600 with 32GB RAM, so speed isn't the problem. Running Windows 7 still and not stopping any time soon with Windows 10 installed with the horrible GUI..so I rarely use it. It isn't about computer specs anyway, it's about what you typed: the developers will get it. Same as I typed before, they got it released to be able to download. That's the start.
                  Oh That is a very good start and I am super happy they added Discovery plus.

Comment

Report received, we will check, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X