Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StreamFab v4.0.1.1(Win). Amazon Downloader -- Last two versions crash my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v4.0.1.1(Win). Amazon Downloader -- Last two versions crash my computer

The last two versions of StreamFab crash my computer when it gets to the VERY LONG reencoding process. As you will see in the attachments, the software uses all of my 32GB of memory and then everything crashes. I'm EXTREMELY displeased with the slow reencoding process that has plagued the last 5 or 6 versions and now it's completely unusable. I feel like I'm being ripped off here. Please advise. *SEE MY REPLY BELOW FOR THE SCREENSHOT*

Attached Files
    Last edited by johnnydollar79; 07-29-2021, 07:01 PM.

I'm having issues getting the attachments to properly post. Here is the Memory usage screenshot.
    Attached Files

Comment

I've had very similar problems on an older PC that was running versions prior to the 'reencode' being added. It just dies now when I try to download.

Comment

Don't think your going to get any love on this, as this was all on purpose with what was said to being a better and a more stable product. It was also recommended in one other thread for the user to try and use another computer.

Your not the first to post this issue.

I do think that if you might think its an issue with a user computer and major changes to the program has been changed and the minimum requirement is no longer the minimum to accurately run it as past releases, then post what is the minimum for running it per update as changes occur.

For your attachments, think you posted past the limit, never seen that many being able to being posted.

Do you have any old StreamFab versions on your computer to use? Might want to try the last version that worked for you without it crashing or hogging up your memory, until it can be looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post
          Don't think your going to get any love on this, as this was all on purpose with what was said to being a better and a more stable product. It was also recommended in one other thread for the user to try and use another computer.

Your not the first to post this issue.

I do think that if you might think its an issue with a user computer and major changes to the program has been changed and the minimum requirement is no longer the minimum to accurately run it as past releases, then post what is the minimum for running it per update as changes occur.

For your attachments, think you posted past the limit, never seen that many being able to being posted.

Do you have any old StreamFab versions on your computer to use? Might want to try the last version that worked for you without it crashing or hogging up your memory, until it can be looked at.
          Something was going wrong with the attachment tool as I never intended to post that many logs. I'm pretty tech savvy and as a matter of fact I built this computer less than a year ago. It's never crashed once until the latest StreamFab updates and it's the only that program that does it. I'm running an i9-9900k, 32GB DDR4, & 2TB NVME storage. There is no reason a program should be eating up all 32GB of memory when it's only using 32% of the CPU. I convert video with DVDFab and have no issues whatsoever. I only updated to the never StreamFab versions because all Amazon downloads fail under previous ones.
          Last edited by johnnydollar79; 07-30-2021, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnydollar79 View Post
            I'm running an i9-9900k, 32GB DDR4, & 2TB NVME storage. There is no reason a program should be eating up all 32GB of memory when it's only using 32% of the CPU. I convert video with DVDFab and have no issues whatsoever. I only updated to the never StreamFab versions because all Amazon downloads fail under previous ones.
            That is indeed a nice beefy unit you have. Clearly there is something wrong that changed tremendously in these past updates......hopefully they can find something in your logs that would help fix this issue.

Comment

FWIW, I have also had crashes on Hulu and HBO Max with 4.0.1.1 but didn’t crash on the 4.0.0.x versions.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnydollar79 View Post
                I'm running an i9-9900k, 32GB DDR4, & 2TB NVME storage. There is no reason a program should be eating up all 32GB of memory when it's only using 32% of the CPU. I convert video with DVDFab and have no issues whatsoever.
                I have a Ryzen 9, 3900X, with 64 gigs of ram and a GTX 1650 GPU. This thing handles like a dream, except when it comes to Streamfab. Even other programs with the same capabilities. Something in the post processing puts way more work on the GPU/CPU than it should. This is the same for Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, though Amazon is absolutely the worst, by far. Takes about 15 minutes post process to get a video that may, or may not look right.

As mentioned, many people have reported this, many times. Pretty much being ignored

Comment

Hi, there,
                  I've had same problem when re-encoding phase of Amazon video using the latest version of 4.0.1.1.
                  As I monitored the resource usage by task manager, it's apparently due to short of virtual memory space.
                  For the test purpose, even after changing the virtual memory size as to 64GB, the memory usage reached up to 64GB and then crush.
                  So I believe that StreamFab has some memory leaks inside the re-encoding module.
                  I respect the StreamFab team. I hope this report help for resolving.

Thanks.

Comment

I am downloading netflix series. the issue is before I was downloading a 45 min episodes (1080p), having data rates of 2000 to 4000kbps and a file size between 1.2 g and 1.6 gigibyte per file which is reasonable. Now that same file has a data rate speed of 10,000 to 15,0000kbps and a size of 3 to 5 gigibytes per episode. It also take about twice the length of the movie time to reencode it.
                    It does not seem to be using my video card to reencode. 3 to 5 gigibyte file for 1080p file is too much too large for a 45 min show.

Comment

Working...
                    X