High Failure Rate in Paramount Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Failure Rate in Paramount Plus

I am experiencing a very high failure rate in Paramount Plus. (Macgyver ) At first I attributed it to my ISP. When I loose internet however, both my house and security system let me know. There have been no alerts, and yet the failure rate persists. They seem to fail at the very end. I live in a very rural area, and my download speed is limited to 3Mbs. This means that it takes quite a long time to download an episode only to have it fail. attached is a two day log snippet. I have gone twelve hours with a 0% success rate, but I cannot remember which days those were. Software/Paramount Plus/My ISP or computer; any clue you can give me explaining why I have such a high failure rate would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Attached Files

The developer will check the log file.

Comment

Thank you Mona.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
        I am experiencing a very high failure rate in Paramount Plus. (Macgyver ) At first I attributed it to my ISP. When I loose internet however, both my house and security system let me know. There have been no alerts, and yet the failure rate persists. They seem to fail at the very end. I live in a very rural area, and my download speed is limited to 3Mbs. This means that it takes quite a long time to download an episode only to have it fail. attached is a two day log snippet. I have gone twelve hours with a 0% success rate, but I cannot remember which days those were. Software/Paramount Plus/My ISP or computer; any clue you can give me explaining why I have such a high failure rate would be appreciated.
        Thank you.
        We have tested the links in your log file, and they worked, please kindly remove the current version and then download and install the latest 4.0.1.7 to try again.

Comment

Checked the version, and I am currently running 4.0.1.7. I ran Streamfab over night and lost three in a row. I don't know why they are failing. (Log snippet attached).
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm hoping SOMETHING shows up in the last set of logs I uploaded. The episodes stream to my computer all the way to the end; then for some reason, it sits at 100% for a while, then fail.

The main reason I love Streamfab so much, is not to save everything for posterity, but to watch these shows in 1080p. Because I live so rural, and have such a slow connection (3Mbps), the picture is almost always muddy, and there is frequent buffering. This not only is a pain in the but, it makes for a crappy viewing experience. Along came Stream Fab and changed this. Yes, I have to wait for my movies and shows to stream to my computer, but the viewing experience is well worth it. This program (for me) was well worth the money. Thank you.
            A high number of failures continue to plague me though, and I want to assure you I am looking into this on my end also.

During my investigation, I noticed space on my hard drive was getting tight. Although there was still plenty of room to stream the episodes to my hard drive, the margins were getting tighter and tighter. I don't think tight margins are the reason for the failures, but I have deleted all of the movies and episodes that I have already watched to open them up. This freed up quite a bit of space. While you look at the latest set of logs, I will continue to stream and report back if this solved the problem.

Thank you again,
            Smee

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
              I'm hoping SOMETHING shows up in the last set of logs I uploaded. The episodes stream to my computer all the way to the end; then for some reason, it sits at 100% for a while, then fail.

The main reason I love Streamfab so much, is not to save everything for posterity, but to watch these shows in 1080p. Because I live so rural, and have such a slow connection (3Mbps), the picture is almost always muddy, and there is frequent buffering. This not only is a pain in the but, it makes for a crappy viewing experience. Along came Stream Fab and changed this. Yes, I have to wait for my movies and shows to stream to my computer, but the viewing experience is well worth it. This program (for me) was well worth the money. Thank you.
              A high number of failures continue to plague me though, and I want to assure you I am looking into this on my end also.

During my investigation, I noticed space on my hard drive was getting tight. Although there was still plenty of room to stream the episodes to my hard drive, the margins were getting tighter and tighter. I don't think tight margins are the reason for the failures, but I have deleted all of the movies and episodes that I have already watched to open them up. This freed up quite a bit of space. While you look at the latest set of logs, I will continue to stream and report back if this solved the problem.

Thank you again,
              Smee
              update streamfab to the latest version 4.0.1.8
              Fix: A failure problem when downloading certain videos from Paramount+.

Comment

Thanks, Will do and report back. Needless to say, deleting files to increase hard drive space didn't work.
                Thanks again

Comment

I'm seeing a 100% failure on Paramount+ that started yesterday, it is likely unrelated to your initial issue but may be contributing to what you're seeing now

4.0.1.8 does not fix it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post
                    I'm seeing a 100% failure on Paramount+ that started yesterday, it is likely unrelated to your initial issue but may be contributing to what you're seeing now

4.0.1.8 does not fix it at all.
                    Potential, Thank you for your post. It's nice (Sort of) to know others are having an issue too. No.... 4.1.0.8 didn't fix the problem I'm having. I still have an extremely high failure rate (Ariel America). I tried to add "Daddy's Home 2" to the cue yesterday after upgrading, and after 15 minutes it never loaded. the message box said said it was getting information and subtitles. I had to cancel it to move on. Two tasks failed last night. From the time I left this morning at 9am EST, to when I returned at 1:30pm, only one in three tasks were successful. I know someone is looking into this. Thank you for your attention. It must be frustrating on your end too. I uploaded a larger log snippet. Hope it helps
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by supine; 09-09-2021, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Hi, please give this version a try and feedback:
                      https://dvdfab-temp.s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/download/streamfab_x64_4018official_2021_09_09_17_54_42_dev _merge_190e4d4b.exe

Comment

Mona,
                        Thank you for the link. I get an authorization error when I try to follow it however. I tried copying it and pasting it into the browser, and it still didn't work. If you can get me authorization info or another link, I will be happy to try the version you recommended.

<Error>
                        <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
                        <Message>Access Denied</Message>
                        <RequestId>NP4GTEPS5ZYHERNR</RequestId>
                        <HostId>SMa1ZumdBuKJFmStn40FCBzQ8HKyD1qCmCI6vJZP Jp jVLDQkoOhX9V6ZZkPrJo878jFWeroSw9U=</HostId>
                        </Error>
                        Last edited by supine; 09-10-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Please stand by. My browser appears to be downloading the file. There was no save window, so I didn't notice. It will take a few minutes to download. BRB

Comment

Got the file. I'm installing it now. I'll give it a try and get back to you this afternoon. Thanks again.
                            BTW.... Installed the new version, and added a movie (Beyond) to the que. No issues.
                            Last edited by supine; 09-10-2021, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Three for three! So far so good. That's more successes than I've been able to get in a row for a long time. Thank you. Honored to test the Beta.

Comment

Working...
                              X