Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Screen Stays On While Downloading (Disable screensaver when downloading videos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen Stays On While Downloading (Disable screensaver when downloading videos)

Hi,

As per my subject, my laptop screen is staying on all the time when I download videos even though I have the "Disable screensaver//standby/hibernation when downloading videos unchecked" and my Windows power settings set to turn off the screen after 1 minute of inactivity.

I'm using version StreamFab v 4 0.1.7 (Win)

Can anything be done to fix this?

Thanks.

Have you tried restarting your computer after unchecking the setting?

Comment

Has nothing to do with downloading, just having any site open prevents screensaver, or sleeping

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

Yes, I've reset quite a few times since I've changed the setting.

I've not had this problem with having any other site open (and the fact that it has an option in the settings to disable the screensaver tells me that the screensaver should still work by default if I leave the box unchecked).

Comment

Never noticed this since my monitor has a sleep feature on it that I use while downloading contents to make sure a download doesn't get interrupted. Was a little confused at what you were saying because with the "Disable screensaver//standby/hibernation when downloading videos unchecked" the screen saver is supposed to be active and apply itself.

What got me now was you noted, it wasn't doing so after 1 minute after downloading and seating at idle.

I tried both settings in Streamfab for the screensaver, with it on and with it off and both with Windows screensaver set for 2 minutes of non-activity. The setting for the screensaver to sleep doesn't work while Streamfab is displayed, doesn't matter if it's downloading or not, off or on. Only when I shut Streamfab down did my screensaver come on. Appears to be an issue.
          Last edited by Down2Earth; 09-08-2021, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks Down2Earth. Hopefully one of the mods will spot this and add it to be looked into in a future update.

Comment

Thank you for the report, we will check.

Comment

Thanks Mona.

Comment

This is now working for me, so thanks for whatever you did.

Comment

I've noticed that this is still an issue. It seems to be sporadic, rather than all the time. I've upgraded to 4.0.1.9 but it was an issue again before the upgrade.

It was working yesterday at a similar time of day but isn't working again today, as the screen is staying on and I haven't changed my laptop or application settings.

Please can this be looked into. Thanks.

Comment

Is there any update on this? I've downloaded the latest update (4.0.2.0) but the issue hasn't been fixed.

Comment

There is no update from the developer yet.

Comment

Can you please check with the developer when this is likely to be fixed as it is still an issue with the new version (4.0.2.6). Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, there is no time frame for this issue at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                            X