First impressions of v.5.0.0.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First impressions of v.5.0.0.2

Home defaults to a compressed view of the list of streaming sites rather than the full list displayed in version 4. That requires 1 extra mouse-click to "View All". The compressed listing could be useful if I could customize the entries in the compressed list. Of the 5 displayed, I only subscribe to 2, and 3 services that I subscribe to are not included.

I panicked when the Download queue seemed to have disappeared. I eventually found it under "Downloading". I didn't look there at first because it is grouped under "YOUR LIBRARY", and I don't use StreamFab's Library functions. Not a complaint about the Libarary functions, I just prefer to directly manage my library using Windows File Explorer. Monitoring downloads should be moved up in the menu to directly under Home.

The Downloading queue by default does not show any downloads. It only shows streaming services. You have to click on the triangle pointing right (looks like a Play button) next to the streaming service to open the download list. And the click HAS TO BE right on top of the triangle--it's very easy to miss. When the list opens, the right pointing triangle turns into a down pointing triangle. Not exactly a Windows friendly interface. Why not accept clicks anywhere on the row displaying the name of the streaming service? And why default to lists not displayed? Better to default to lists displayed. Not even sure why you need to hide the lists. If you're done looking at the list, you can leave the Downloading section.

Originally posted by JeffDavis View Post
    Had to select v4.0.2.4 as prefix, since v5.0.0.2 is not in list. This concerns StreamFab v5.0.0.2 (win):

You have to click on the triangle pointing right (looks like a Play button) next to the streaming service to open the download list. And the click HAS TO BE right on top of the triangle--it's very easy to miss. When the list opens, the right pointing triangle turns into a down pointing triangle. Not exactly a Windows friendly interface. Why not accept clicks anywhere on the row displaying the name of the streaming service? And why default to lists not displayed?
    Actually, double clicking anywhere on that row with the name of the provider expands the download list for that provider.

Comment

Working...
    X