Scheduling Downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduling Downloads

I am interested in purchasing StreamFab, but have a few questions I couldn't find answered in manual or on the forum. If I want to select 2 or 3 movies from Netflix, I understand I can add them to the Queue rather than immediately start download. Is there a mechanism to schedule the start of downloading automatically?

Situation: I live in a rural area where satellite is the only internet access available. Aside from speed and latency, we have a data download limit. Good news is we have free time from 3am to 7am at full speed. I'd like to schedule movies to start downloading during free time while I am asleep. Streaming doesn't work well with the limitations and will use up my data limit with a few movies per month.

If scheduling is not a built in capability, has anyone used StreamFab with a download scheduler to accomplish the same thing?

Once Downloaded, can the movies be saved on the HDD of the Movie Server or other media server? (I bought the Movie Server at the beginning and have lifetime subscriptions for many DVDFab products)

Thanks.

Duane

Duane, as you know I also have the DVDfab movie server from past posts in that forum and yes you can put the downloaded movies from Streamfab streaming sites onto the movie server. I have not tried the scheduled option that is built in Streamfab but there is one available to do scheduling (Under Settings - Your Library). Just tried it and it is different from how regular downloading works. So maybe someone else can charm in on that.

The key that might be a factor is you can download in mp4 or MKV both taking far less space and giving you more downloading limits available then you think with your free time to use. It's the scheduling time that I am not certain about, (put a ticket in and ask for this option in detail, I have not seen this/it posted in question) but movies downloaded in mp4 and MKV and putting them on the movie server, my eyes have a really hard time telling the difference per resolution downloaded, plus it takes up less space on the HDD.

Comment

Thank you D2E - I recognize you from the MS forum. Storage space is not my primary concern, but nice to know I can download in mp4 or MKV. Scheduling is of import as I only have 20GB per month for download except at "dial-up speed" for those that remember "dial-up". No limits at all in free time. I'll get the try me and see if I can use the scheduling feature. If not, perhaps someone else will chime in.

Duane

Comment

Working...
      X