StreamFab 5.0.2.9 Hulu Missing Video Quality Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab 5.0.2.9 Hulu Missing Video Quality Option

I updated to the latest version today and noticed that when I try to download from Hulu the video quality option is gone. I then re-installed using the offline installer and issue persists. I downloaded a movie called Fresh and it only downloaded as 720p with no video quality options. The same goes for TV shows.

I have uploaded a screen shot from Amazon to illustrate the missing video quality option.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jsinfate; 04-14-2022, 02:47 PM.

Originally posted by jsinfate View Post
    I updated to the latest version today and noticed that when I try to download from Hulu the video quality option is gone. I then re-installed using the offline installer and issue persists. I downloaded a movie called Fresh and it only downloaded as 720p with no video quality options. The same goes for TV shows.

I have uploaded a screen shot from Amazon to illustrate the missing video quality option.
    see post #1 here - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-here-~updated Hulu is only 720p

Comment

Thank you for the link. I could swear that I used to be able to download at 1080p. Perhaps I'm wrong. Does anyone know why it's limited to 720p and when we can download in 1080?

Comment

Hulu JP supports up to 1080p; Hulu US can only support 720p.
        In the future versions, we will add the Video option.

Comment

Do you know why they only allowed 720p first instead of 1080p? Now a day's 720p is barely HD. Why would you enable a lower quality setting before the true HD? Does anyone have a time frame when it will be enabled?

Comment

Each resolution is controlled by a different DRM. The higher the resolution, the more difficult it is to figure out. It's the equivalent to if you were trying to crack someone's password that was 4 characters long compared to one that's 15 characters long. Actually cracking a 15 character password is child's play compared to defeating a higher resolution DRM. I would refer you to the Forum at https://www.videohelp.com/ to see the discussions on defeating streaming DRM but they recently made the topic largely off-topic for fear of reprisals from the streamers.

You wrote:
            "Does anyone have a time frame when it will be enables?"

Probably the developers don't even have an idea on when they will be able to hack the DRM at this point. When it happens, it happens. It really annoys me when people in this forum seem to think that they just throw a switch and suddenly we can download whatever we want. If it were that easy then there would be 100 StreamFAB competitors just like there are 100s of Youtube-DL-like programs that can't handle DRM.

Comment

Working...
            X