DVDFab v5.0.2.9 (Win): Netflix Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v5.0.2.9 (Win): Netflix Failure

At some point yesterday (16-Apr), I went from being able to stream Netflix to not being able to. Problem carried over to today. Logfiles attached.
    Attached Files

To add to the knowledge, for me in StreamFab the 5.0.2.9 version, which fixed downloading from Netflix for a couple of days is now broken again.

There is no analysis of the selected item, or download offered

Comment

Originally posted by BradYonder View Post
      At some point yesterday (16-Apr), I went from being able to stream Netflix to not being able to. Problem carried over to today. Logfiles attached.
      I will have the QA team check your log file first.

Comment

>>> UPDATE:
        The developer suggests that you restart StreamFab and then try to playback the video in StreamFab internal browser and then try to download it again to see the result.

Comment

This is off the subject..... but actually it is on the subject if you look at the suggested solution to the original problem..... anyway..... since I'm new to StreamFab..... I ask your indulgence in humoring me.....

If StreamFab includes an internal browser to access the sites from which StreamFab will be downloading..... am I incorrect in thinking that it makes the most sense to use the internal browser which StreamFab provides specifically for the purpose that I as a StreamFab User wants StreamFab to accomplish?.....

Now I know that to some..... what I just typed may sound sarcastic..... and believe me..... sarcasm is a trait which is as inborn a reflex to me as the blinking of my eyes..... although in this case..... I'm not being sarcastic..... I'm being sincere.....

Can someone tell me why it would be better to use what equates to a third party browser..... instead of using the StreamFab internal browser..... which has been coded by StreamFab programmers..... specifically optimized for StreamFab by those same programmers..... and provided for use as part of the StreamFab application.....

Thank you and I'll await your responses.

​"Just because you can..... doesn't mean you should!"

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            >>> UPDATE:
            The developer suggests that you restart StreamFab and then try to playback the video in StreamFab internal browser and then try to download it again to see the result.
            For me, I have restarted StramFab a number of times already. Selecting an item in StreamFab within Netflix normally gives a popup that analyses the video, and then offers to add it to the download queue.

It is that popup, and offer to add to the download queue that has stopped working some time on Easter Sunday (for me).

I had previously upgraded to 5.0.2.9 having found the similar issue for which the 5.0.2.9 patch notes referred (failure to analyse Netflix).

I would be delighted to contribute logfiles if I knew where to find them?

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight-Man View Post

For me, I have restarted StramFab a number of times already. Selecting an item in StreamFab within Netflix normally gives a popup that analyses the video, and then offers to add it to the download queue.

It is that popup, and offer to add to the download queue that has stopped working some time on Easter Sunday (for me).

I had previously upgraded to 5.0.2.9 having found the similar issue for which the 5.0.2.9 patch notes referred (failure to analyse Netflix).

I would be delighted to contribute logfiles if I knew where to find them?
              look here for the file streamfab.log and upload as an attachment to your post.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Blurayfan; 04-19-2022, 02:06 PM.
              Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

>>> UPDATE:
                So far so good!

What I ended up doing first is deleting an item in my queue, then searched for it again in Netflix, found it, began playing it, went back, then hovered over the title and clicked the more info arrow, and StreamFab analyzed the entire series. Found the episode I wanted, told it I wanted it "now", and then the other titles in the queue began to be sent to me "now."

This brings up an interesting observation:

In my queue I had the following (from top to bottom):

Show A - Season 1 (1 Episode)
                Show B - Season 1 (10 Episodes)
                Show B - Season 2 (8 Episodes)
                Show C - Season 1 (6 Episodes)
                Show D - Season 1 (6 Episodes)
                Show E - Season 1 (6 Episodes)

Before following the suggestion from the developer, I deleted "Show A Season 1 (1 Episode)" from the queue. Then I followed the developer's suggestion, and when presented with the season/episode selection pop-up, I choose the episode from Show A that I wanted to download "now" (thinking it would override the queue order).

What ended up happening was this, after looking at the queue:

Show B - Season 1 (10 Episodes) - Downloading
                Show B - Season 2 (8 Episodes) - Wait to Download
                Show C - Season 1 (6 Episodes) - Wait to Download
                Show D - Season 1 (6 Episodes) - Wait to Download
                Show E - Season 1 (6 Episodes) - Wait to Download
                Show A - Season 1 (1 Episode) - Wait to Download

Instead of downloading "now", it was just added to the regular queue (at the bottom). Priority was not given to the one episode I wanted right away.

Not a major inconvenience for me personally, just an observation.

Comment

also experiencing the same issue. restarted streamfab several times. also rebooted pc, and still the same issue. no offer to download, and no analyzing. log file attached
                  Attached Files

Comment

>>> UPDATE:
                    Mona: Thalasa, has two threads, I replied to the one I saw this morning (you might want to delete it as a duplicate) but here's what's happening to me in a nutshell.

When I saw thalasa's new post this a.m. I tried Streamfab 5.0.3.0 that I had upgraded too and had the same issue.

Many relaunches of StreamFab, several uninstalls (not keeping settings) and reinstalls and other various actions were taken by me.

As of now...

I have totally uninstalled StreamFab 5.0.3.0 (also deleted settings when uninstalling) and reinstalled it.

Current state/issue of StreamFab 5.0.3.0 issue with analyzing files in Netflix for me. ⬅️ ⬅️

Win 10/64bit, NordVpn off, StreamFab 5.0.3.0 test of Netflix analyzing files

Steps I took:

1. Turned off NordVpn
                    2. Deleted all StreamFab logs to have log files including only this test.
                    3. Launched StreamFab 5.0.3.0
                    4. Setup screen capture software to create .mpg of exact problem....
                    4. Logged into Netflix
                    5. Put "Better Call Saul" in search box (same files as user Chameleon referenced in other thread)
                    6. Choose "Better Call Saul"
                    7. Better Call Saul plays without doing an analyzing file and giving choices
                    8. Hit back arrow of playing Better Call Saul episode
                    9. Choose Better Call Saul again
                    10. Better Call Saul *now* does an analyzing & offers choices
                    11. Attached screenshots, log file attached didn't work in editing this file, did it as a reply to this.

I have a 13,479kb (small) .mpg file that shows the exact process from putting Better Call Saul in search box on Netflix till I get the Analyzing/File options.
                    I *tried* to attach it both as a .mpg and a zipped file, but both error out when trying to attach
                    I can email it as an attachment if you want.

Mike
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Mike_M; 04-20-2022, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Ok, I notice this... I edited my previous post verbiage & it deletes the log.zip file and want let me re-attach it.

Here it is again.

Also, I have the .mpg 13kb that I can will try to email to you Mona
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BradYonder View Post

Instead of downloading "now", it was just added to the regular queue (at the bottom). Priority was not given to the one episode I wanted right away.

Not a major inconvenience for me personally, just an observation.
                        While there are already tasks in the queue, it will add the video to the queue instead of downloading it immediately, that is how it works at the moment.

Comment

Having encountered the issue on 5.0.2.9, I did a live update this morning to 5.0.3.0.

I then added a new show to the Netflix queue (it was previously empty).

It analysed correctly, and added all requested episodes to the queue.

I then selected to download the first - no problem.

A while later, I asked to download the second episode - the program is stuck on "Setting up download configurations".

I am guessing based on this, a bug still exists, which needs further work?

Comment

While there are already tasks in the queue, it will add the video to the queue instead of downloading it immediately, that is how it works at the moment.

By "in the queue" you mean in the downloading section and to hit play there!

I was *really* wondering what your response with update by developer to "play the file meant", since in my case, there was no file to play.

I had no other jobs in the queue or paused when I encountered this error.

Was only working with NetFlix also.

Did total uninstalls & reinstalls of StreamFab_x64_5030 full app. with deleting of personal settings.

No jobs scheduled either.

Mike

Comment

I have the developer record a video to show what he meant, please kindly refer to the video here:

Comment

Working...
                              X