queue just disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

queue just disappeared

After closing and restarting the laptop, I re-opened up streamfab and there was no queue that loaded. I let it sit for about 5 minutes to catch up and never did. I can add new items to a queue, but if I do, it's the only thing appearing in the queue. All the ones queued up before the reboot disappeared.

Now running 5.0.4.1 and it crashed several times. This last time upon reloading after the latest crash, the queue is gone and so is the scheduled items. Is there any way to get these back or do I have to go in again and reschedule the scheduled files and re-queue the queue?

Comment

If you were thoughtful enough to do a backup prior to starting your download you could just restore your queue at
      C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\Str eamFab\taskdata
      Obviously, <yourusername> is your user name.
      I'm not sure if the scheduled files are there as well since I haven't tried scheduling yet.

​​​​​I don't know why there is a space in StreamFab in the address above. I've corrected it and saved it 3 times and it comes back each time. Weird!
      Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 07-04-2022, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Upon checking there's one file and one folder in there at 0kb. I wonder why it does that sometimes when it crashes. It's happened 3 or 4 times out of the last year where I've lost everything queued or scheduled (when the scheduling started). All my files are there on the other computers, but the one I guess is gone and I'll have to set it back up. I didn't think to check in that appdata directory. Thanks for the help. Sometimes the most important actions are the least thought of sometimes lol.

Comment

FWIW, it's been my experience that various software from a number of different vendors/developers will delete certain settings/cache/etc. files on first launch after a crash 'just in case' any corruption (or other issues) in the file(s) might have contributed to, or outright caused, the crash. I have no idea what could go wrong in a queue file that might cause StreamFab to crash, but that might be why that is one of the files being deleted/reset on the first launch after a crash.

Comment

I'm also getting crashes on 5.0.4.0. I setup a queue and start downloading. After an hour or so I log back in and the SF window is gone. A few versions ago I used to get a popup asking if I wanted to send crash data to the mothership. Don't even get that anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog View Post
              FWIW, it's been my experience that various software from a number of different vendors/developers will delete certain settings/cache/etc. files on first launch after a crash 'just in case' any corruption (or other issues) in the file(s) might have contributed to, or outright caused, the crash. I have no idea what could go wrong in a queue file that might cause StreamFab to crash, but that might be why that is one of the files being deleted/reset on the first launch after a crash.
              Aahhh, good point!

Comment

Originally posted by bwnautilus View Post
                I'm also getting crashes on 5.0.4.0. I setup a queue and start downloading. After an hour or so I log back in and the SF window is gone. A few versions ago I used to get a popup asking if I wanted to send crash data to the mothership. Don't even get that anymore.
                A couple of thoughts...

1. It could be that whatever is causing the crash isn't being caught by their error handler.

2. Do you have have SF set to exit when the queue is complete? I've noticed that if there are problems with a download, SF will give up and move on to the next item in the queue - once the last queue item is 'handled' (whether successfully or not) the program will exit instead of putting up a dialogue informing the user that there were errors. So, even though it may not have actually downloaded everything in the queue, it technically 'finished' the queue and exited, making it appear as if it crashed when it actually didn't. The StreamFab.log file might have the info necessary to discern if this is the cause.

Comment

A couple of thoughts...

1. It could be that whatever is causing the crash isn't being caught by their error handler.

2. Do you have have SF set to exit when the queue is complete? I've noticed that if there are problems with a download, SF will give up and move on to the next item in the queue - once the last queue item is 'handled' (whether successfully or not) the program will exit instead of putting up a dialogue informing the user that there were errors. So, even though it may not have actually downloaded everything in the queue, it technically 'finished' the queue and exited, making it appear as if it crashed when it actually didn't. The StreamFab.log file might have the info necessary to discern if this is the cause.
                  Streamfab is set to "do nothing" when the operation completes. It's really weird because I just lost my queue again since the last writing and to reload everything back in

Comment

I do not have SF set to exit when queue is complete. This is happening in mid-queue.

Comment

Originally posted by bwnautilus View Post

I do not have SF set to exit when queue is complete. This is happening in mid-queue.
                      That's what's been happening to me too. Mid-queue after a crash and the shows just disappear from the list. Going in to look at those files Cats4U suggested and they are at 0kb after crashing. It's so odd.

Comment

I've noticed in the past that SF will not actually save the queue until you exit the program.

When I've loaded up the queue and the program actually crashes or some idiot knocks his power cord out, I have no queue when I relaunch unless I exited before I downloaded. But of course it has no idea what of the queue I've downloaded either

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
                          I've noticed in the past that SF will not actually save the queue until you exit the program.

When I've loaded up the queue and the program actually crashes or some idiot knocks his power cord out, I have no queue when I relaunch unless I exited before I downloaded. But of course it has no idea what of the queue I've downloaded either
                          That's the way it used to be. I kept requesting that a feature be added to auto save the queue more frequently. It may be a coincidence now, but lately I see it save automatically after anything is added or removed from the queue. It also saves after each file downloads. I just don't see what the purpose is if the whole thing gets wiped after an unexpected crash. I know exactly what you mean though, I have no idea half the time what's been queued either when it just disappears.

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post

That's the way it used to be. I kept requesting that a feature be added to auto save the queue more frequently. It may be a coincidence now, but lately I see it save automatically after anything is added or removed from the queue. It also saves after each file downloads. I just don't see what the purpose is if the whole thing gets wiped after an unexpected crash. I know exactly what you mean though, I have no idea half the time what's been queued either when it just disappears.
                            For now, it saves the queue after each file downloads. The developer still needs time to work out a way to save the queue in case of a crash.

Comment

Working...
                            X