Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Channel 4 module - do you need a subsription to download?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channel 4 module - do you need a subsription to download?

Can anyone let me know if I need a subscription to download Channel 4 content? I can play programmes via my browser with adverts but only get as far as "Wait to download" if I try to download them using the StreamFab module.

I've checked the Channel 4 module page here https://www.dvdfab.cn/channel-4-downloader.htm and it mentions it removes ads in the "Remove ads with Channel 4 Free account" section, so I'm wondering if there's an issue the module at the moment.

In my experience with the channel 4 module, I had to create an account and verify with with email. I did not have to pay for a subscription. I am from the US so I had to use a VPN and it worked well for me. I did have some speed issues with that module, but I haven't used it in a couple of months so it could be faster now. I know streamfab was working on a fix to speed up the channel4 downloader but I haven't tried for a while. The speed was the only drawback but I was successfully able to get it to download about a dozen complete series over a couple of months.

Comment

Thanks Corey. Yes, you definitely need to create a Channel 4 (All 4) log in account to be able to watch anything (which I have done) but you can watch via a browser with adverts without paying the £3.99 monthly fee to watch without adverts.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has successfully used the module recently, as it sounds like it definitely was possible to download without a subscription a while back.

Also just to mention that although I used the "StreamFab v5.0.4.3 (Win)" in the subject header, I've just realised that I'm using v5.0.4.4 (Win) which wasn't available as a tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky West View Post
        Thanks Corey. Yes, you definitely need to create a Channel 4 (All 4) log in account to be able to watch anything (which I have done) but you can watch via a browser with adverts without paying the £3.99 monthly fee to watch without adverts.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has successfully used the module recently, as it sounds like it definitely was possible to download without a subscription a while back.

Also just to mention that although I used the "StreamFab v5.0.4.3 (Win)" in the subject header, I've just realised that I'm using v5.0.4.4 (Win) which wasn't available as a tag.
        No prob! Yes, you can download without ads without a paid account. Streamfab bypasses the ads. It usually takes about 20-30 seconds of analyzing the file before it starts downloading for me. It usually was about the same length of time the ad in the beginning was.

I just opened up my channel4 downloader and started downloading a file to test. Everything seems to be working good still. It's downloading at 1080p as I'm typing this.

Comment

Thanks Corey. It's kind of you to test it for me.

I'm now wondering what I'm doing wrong as I can use the Amazon module without any issues and I'm definitely logged into my Channel 4 account in StreamFab. I've tried adding random things to my download queue (some old and some current) in case it's an issue with particular files but that hasn't helped.

I've also tried clicking "download" rather than "add to queue" but still all I get is "wait to download" in the download queue.

Are you using version v5.0.4.4 (Win)?

Comment

Originally posted by Sky West View Post
            Thanks Corey. It's kind of you to test it for me.

I'm now wondering what I'm doing wrong as I can use the Amazon module without any issues and I'm definitely logged into my Channel 4 account in StreamFab. I've tried adding random things to my download queue (some old and some current) in case it's an issue with particular files but that hasn't helped.

I've also tried clicking "download" rather than "add to queue" but still all I get is "wait to download" in the download queue.

Are you using version v5.0.4.4 (Win)?
            No, I'm using 5.0.4.3. Are you waiting long enough to see if it kicks in gear?

Comment

Thanks Corey. I've figured it out. I was already downloading from Amazon and I've realised it doesn't let you download from both modules at the same time.

Comment

Awesome! Good luck with your endeavors and happy downloading!

Comment

Working...
                X