X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
    Hi,

I will ask the dev to check it, thanks!

1080p should be downloaded if StreamFab can analyze to 1080p stream.

Wilson
    Hello,
    Thank you. As all our screen shots show, StreamFab analyzes the videos at 1080p but only download at 720p or lower.

Comment

Originally posted by jsinfate View Post

Hello,
      Thank you. As all our screen shots show, StreamFab analyzes the videos at 1080p but only download at 720p or lower.
      That's simply not true. Look at my Mediainfo and JPP72's Mediainfo. Mike_M and October262 also reported downloading, at times, at 1080p.

Another non-truth from you was when you wrote,
      Well that seems to prove that it's not a Tubi issue, they seem to be streaming 1080p but for some reason StreamFab isn't analyzing them correctly.
      Nothing has been proven. As Mike_M wrote,
      I'm wondering if Tubi uploaded different resolutions of Megaladon! Great White Godfather and we're hitting different servers with the different versions?
      It could still be a Tubi server issue or anything. Since you are the only one consistently getting 720p and nothing else and are the only one to send in a StreamFab.log, let's see what they find in it before claiming anything is proven.

Comment

I am not the only one getting low quality rates. Both Mike_M and october262 reported they are getting 720p. Streams are varying. Chameleon reported that he was getting 480/!
        My point is that StreamFab is NOT consistent. The analysis says the movie is 1080p yet only downloads at 720p or lower.
        If it wasn't a StreamFab issue it would not analyze that a 1080p video exists and I wouldn't be able to download all the failed StreamFab videos in 1080p using the Firefox addon Video DownloadHelper.

Comment

I am not the only one getting low quality rates. Both Mike_M and october262 reported they are getting 720p. Streams are varying. Chameleon reported that he was getting 480/!
          My point is that StreamFab is NOT consistent. The analysis says the movie is 1080p yet only downloads at 720p or lower.
          If it wasn't a StreamFab issue it would not analyze that a 1080p video exists and I wouldn't be able to download all the failed StreamFab videos in 1080p using the Firefox addon Video DownloadHelper.
          I wrote that about Mike and October. They also got 1080p but you wrote, "but only download at 720p or lower." NOT True! Chameleon is located in Hong Kong and so is obviously using a VPN to get to the US-only provider. If anything that puts the argument more toward the problem being Internet related. The Analysis reading is a best case scenario. If conditions change for the worst, the resolution will change lower. I've seen this happen a few times with SF and quite a few more times with other programs. I'm not sure if this is a function of ffmpeg or yt-dlp but I will try to look it up. I'm not saying that StreamFab is not the issue. I'm saying that nothing has been proven yet and there is no need to act like a demanding 12-year old with
          This is crap. StreamFab should work properly and download movies at 1080p, not just show that 1080p is available but only download at 720p.
          You know, I had several years in retail early in my work life and quite a few years in customer/technical service after retiring from my 25 years in my regular profession. It was common when dealing with an insulting, demanding person to either ignore their complaints completely out of spite or try to make things worse for them. I don't think you'll ever see Mona or Wilson do anything like that because they are too nice and too professional but I'm sure they've thought about it. I am positive that it happens all the time over at the competition.

Comment

It is true. See this post: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...720#post413720

Analysis being a best case scenario? That makes no sense, either the video stream exists or it doesn't. It is a known quantity. The point of the analysis is to display all video / audio options and you make your selection. It does not guess.

So what you're saying is that everyone who are getting differing quality results and downloads, it is all their internet?
            I have also tried using proxies from different locations and the analysis is still inconsistent.

The internet is not the issue since there are other members who are downloading, including myself, using other programs. So it is obvious that Tubi is steaming 1080p, StreamFab confirms this.

I have been an IT professional for 25 years. Yes, when I purchase a product I expect it to work. Like everyone does. When it doesn't people get upset, especially when they have paid TWICE for a "Lifetime" product.

I'm not being insulting or demanding. I expect a product to work and I was very pleasant with Wilson.Wang when I replied to him.

Everyone here reports issues / bugs and to a degree vents their frustration. That is natural.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Chameleon is located in Hong Kong and so is obviously using a VPN to get to the US-only provider. If anything that puts the argument more toward the problem being Internet related.
              I am in Canada and use a VPN to get Tubi stuff. I was able to get 1080p.

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

The Analysis reading is a best case scenario. If conditions change for the worst, the resolution will change lower. I've seen this happen a few times with SF and quite a few more times with other programs. I'm not sure if this is a function of ffmpeg or yt-dlp but I will try to look it up. I'm not saying that StreamFab is not the issue. I'm saying that nothing has been proven yet and there is no need to act like a demanding 12-year old
              It's not a best scenario. The analysis tells you these are the formats available. If we were streaming the file then yeah maybe the internet argument works but we are downloading it. You pick the format you want and download it. Doesn't matter if it's "buffering", we are getting that specific resolution/bitrate and it takes the time it takes.

It could be a combination of Tubi and StreamFab where as the Tubi manifest is inconsistant or only certain nodes will present a manifest with the 1080p resolution for that movie. We know that the majority of Tubi content is 720p and they are now starting to add 1080p. Might just be growing pains.

But the fact is that with yt-dlp, if i pick 1080p, it will download 1080p every single time.

So again, it would be great if we could choose Youtube, M3U8 DRM or MPD DRM module instead of StreamFab guessing what it should use.

At the very least, if analysis fails in M3U8 DRM, have a button to try in MPD DRM.
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Well said. I agree.

Comment

Well said. I agree.
                  close down & restart streamfab & go to tubi.com and pick TNMT (2007) and see if you get the
                  stramfab analyze screen and see if you get 1080p. for me, it's choosing 1080p but only downloads in 720p.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

close down & restart streamfab & go to tubi.com and pick TNMT (2007) and see if you get the
                    stramfab analyze screen and see if you get 1080p. for me, it's choosing 1080p but only downloads in 720p.
                    Same result. It says 1080 but only downloads at 720p.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Same result. It says 1080 but only downloads at 720p.
                      i also noticed there's another box that pops up that says something about DRM error too.

Comment

I got that too but I couldn't get a screen shot of it.

Comment

I think you both need to read up on Adaptive Bitrate Streaming. It is built into both HLS and DASH. I could list a dozen more sites but it would be just duplication.

https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/...ate-streaming/ https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/...ate-streaming/
                          https://bitmovin.com/adaptive-streaming/ https://bitmovin.com/adaptive-streaming/

If we were streaming the file then yeah maybe the internet argument works but we are downloading it. You pick the format you want and download it.
                          We aren't downloading in the traditional sense. We are making a copy of a stream. SF downloads a manifest or a MPD list and offers to us video streams based on what analysis says it should be able to receive. Most often we request the highest resolution that SF says is available and we get it. That's fine if conditions remain good. If network issues develop then ABS takes over and falls back to a lesser quality stream. Analysis says we can do 1080p, network conditions change and SF is told by HLS or DASH that only 720p is available now. That is the scenerio we are seeing. Remember, video streaming providers don't want us to download the movies/shows. In many countries, including the US where I live, it is illegal to do so. (Stupid paid off politicians) The only way that the providers make available outgoing files is by streaming. StreamFab takes the streamed videos packets and combines them into a video file that we can store away. No actual download protocols were used.

Comment

The fact remains different programs, different results.
                            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                            X