HBO Max download is only randomly working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

Why did you tag me again as on tag on for your StreamFab rant?

Since we are here, let's start with you being able to download 1080 and 816p from the just added selection from the competition, went through that whole list of 30 movies and only 6 are downloadable at that resolution. The competition is hurting also but you have faith in them but keep hating here. They said up to 4k HBOMax downloads at first and it was but now they are saying it is not in the cards now, you have a better chance at picking 6 numbers and a powerball number.

Let's be clear everyone can forget about Apple ever getting any better than 480p, they did the same with their music downloads and nobody as anybody is able to still crack it.

Do have faith in the upcoming StreamFab 6, the problem with this company is trying to please the amasses as in you. They try and that is where they fail at.
    Well, that escalated quickly.

Whoa, I didn't "tag" you - I responded to your comment to me, and even agreed with your assessment that I somehow managed to download the few videos that did deliver more than 720p. If you think my being frustrated in a product that stopped functioning a mere four months after I bought it, and still hasn't been resolved six months later, is not only a "rant," but that I'm somehow "the problem with this company" because StreamFab is taking precious resources away from developing yet another overreaching product to "please the masses" like me by actually maintaining the software they sold us (outrageous, I know), then you can relax - for the simple reason that they aren't.

This isn't a false equivalence of the competition not having 4K, it's about StreamFab not delivering on what they *did* provide earlier, instead of just letting it slide because 720p for HBOMax is good enough, and ooh hey lookit all these shiny new add-ons we can sell you!

The "masses" you refer to are actually StreamFab's customer base, and maintaining the products they bought *should* be StreamFab's priority - I'm sorry you think that's somehow detrimental to the functioning of the company, but as I'm a consumer, that's who I'm going to advocate for when a company isn't meeting those needs, not the company.

If I have far more faith in the competition, it's not blind, but proven. It's based on the fact that they were able to solve the April DRM issue within a few days, when StreamFab, after six months, has not. QED, as they say. It's a valid criticism - if pointing out that very obvious failure is your definition of "hating here," then I think you're wrong, but you're entitled to your opinion. I actually enjoyed using StreamFab more than I did the other guys for numerous reasons for those first 4 months, and I'd dearly like to have that functionality returned. I paid for it, after all.

But consider this: unless and until StreamFab's bottom line starts to suffer due to the noise of enough squeaky wheels, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a 1080p EAC3 download from HBOMax anytime soon. If you're OK with that, then seriously ask yourself: what else are you willing to give up?

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

If you're OK with that, then seriously ask yourself: what else are you willing to give up?
      I feel you and agree with everything as posted... but don't ask me what's left in me to give up, I'm not on your agenda. You have the competition but still hating on here...why...because StreamFab is better and you're bitchin' is make them jump, not going to happen. You guys keep it up and this product line will be shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

And now StreamFab, in addition to only downloading HBOMax in 720p, can only deliver audio in AC3, not the previous EAC3 - and that extends to older content.
        I just checked my own records and out of the last 10 HBOMax downloads (a mix of movies and TV series) I did, 9 were 1080p and 1 was 720p.

I only download in Stereo because the size of my rooms are not suited for a multichannel setup. Therefore I always set SF to use Stereo which results in mostly AC3 and sometimes AAC. Rather than change my default settings and doing some testing I did a search on this forum looking for anything written about HBOMax only being in AC3 because I don't remember ever reading that complaint here before. And I was right. The only one that has mentioned this is you in this thread. Perhaps you are confusing a mislabeling of the audio specs on Amazon Prime downloads that was fixed with 5.0.5.5? Or perhaps you have another agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I just checked my own records and out of the last 10 HBOMax downloads (a mix of movies and TV series) I did, 9 were 1080p and 1 was 720p.

I only download in Stereo because the size of my rooms are not suited for a multichannel setup. Therefore I always set SF to use Stereo which results in mostly AC3 and sometimes AAC. Rather than change my default settings and doing some testing I did a search on this forum looking for anything written about HBOMax only being in AC3 because I don't remember ever reading that complaint here before. And I was right. The only one that has mentioned this is you in this thread. Perhaps you are confusing a mislabeling of the audio specs on Amazon Prime downloads that was fixed with 5.0.5.5? Or perhaps you have another agenda.
          Sorry, no "other agenda" here - c'mon, seriously? I'm not confusing it with the AP mislabeled audio specs, which I actually reported, since I'm running 5053 and 5051 - but I did make a mistake about it, and you are totally right about HBO. Thanks for the research, btw.

I actually went back and checked my few SF pre-September 15th HBOMax downloads and they actually are all AC3, not E-AC3, so that post is my error - it's probably because I've been downloading pretty exclusively from AP and that setting is what my brain is used to seeing, so when I tried HBOMax that different setting essentially tripped a false alarm. Thanks a bunch, oops-brain.

Comment

Working...
          X