Looping in the Twilight Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looping in the Twilight Zone

Earlier today I downloaded Season 1 of The Twilight Zone from Paramount+. This was supposed to be the replacement for the 36 episodes of Season 1 of The Twilight Zone that I had to delete because each episode had a scene loop 4 times and then continued on. This happened right after where the last commercial ad for the episode would have been if StreamFab had not removed that ad, roughly about 2 minutes left in the episode. Well, I guess you can guess what happened. When I checked every new episode download, each episode had the exact same loop at the exact same spot as the episodes I had deleted. The 4 times scene looping problem from Paramount+ does not appear to be fixed after all. I am just beside myself. Earlier today in another message I said that this has been broke for 3 weeks. I miscalculated, it is 4 weeks broken and it will be 5 weeks by the time another fix attempt is done. Fengtao, I've asked for this several times before, please, please, assign someone to double check the Developer's work before it is released to the users. I'd rather wait a few extra days to get a good working fix while it is being redone after a tester has rejected it than get my hopes up every week only to have them dashed again because the Developer didn't bother to check his work.

I will be doing more testing tomorrow on other Paramount+ videos and will then post what I find, including, of course, a StreamFab.log, and documentation as to the time of the looping and if I can figure out how to post it, video examples of the actual looping. If anyone else would like to document the 4 times scene looping at the last commercial that they have found still existing in SF 6.0.0.0, I would surely welcome the assist in confirming the problem.

fengtao

Comment

Ok, I did more testing and every Paramount+ video still had looping in it. As I wrote in my last message, every episode from Season 1 of The Twilight Zone (Classic) had the looping at about 2 minute or so until the end. These are not included in the StreamFab.log. What is included in the attached StreamFab.log log is:

SWAT (2017) S06E04 looping starts at about 42 minutes in
      Fire Country S01E04 looping starts at about 43 minutes in
      Blue Bloods S13E04 looping starts at about 43 minutes in
      Ghosts S02E02 looping starts at about 19:20 minutes in
      The Price Is Right 10/28/22 aka S51E30 looping starts at about 36:20 minutes in

I am also adding a video example showing the looping in The Twilight Zone, Ghosts, and The Price Is Right. That is, I hope I am adding it because I've never done a video attachment here before. Fingers crossed. If you don't see a video here, it means that I screwed up trying.

StreamFab.log

Attached Files
      Last edited by Cats4U; 10-30-2022, 01:01 AM. Reason: Fixed video attachment

Comment

Confirmed, happened on two movies I downloaded today using the Paramount+ module.

Comment

The Looping still happens in all episodes of all Paramount Plus TV shows I just started downloading again. Luckily it happens at the end after the last commercial break when they run the "credits". I've confirmed it in: SWAT, So Help Me Tod, NCIS Los Angeles, The Equalizer, The Neighborhood, all the FBI series and the NCIS series.

Comment

Efk3,
            Thank you for the confirmation. As you've found out, the hour long CBS primetime dramas, mostly have the last commercial ad right before the credits but that's not true for all the other shows on Paramount+.

Comment

I will have the developer double-check the looping problem. Thanks for the report.

Comment

Working...
              X