Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StreamFab v6.0.0.4: Amazon Downloads Are Always One Quality Higher Than What You Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v6.0.0.4: Amazon Downloads Are Always One Quality Higher Than What You Pick

Ok i have been suspecting this for a while but now i am 100% sure after testing.

I noticed that the Amazon size predictions in the UI were completely off so i did some tests. Turns out that if there are let's say 2 1080p versions, the higher one will be downloaded no matter which version i choose. If i choose the highest 720p version, it will download the lowest 1080p. Which means it is probably a coding mistake in how they parse the array returned for available resolutions/bitrates.

If there are any programmers here, you know that if say you have an array of 5 items, accessing the 1st item would be like item[0] and not item[1]. So it seems to me that if you want a specific resolution right now, you need to select 1 lower.

Don't think a log is needed for this as it is very easily reproducible/validated but if you do need one, i will upload one.

How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Its a CBR and VBR variation, sometimes can choose other times you cannot.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Some more information...

Looks like it's not happening everywhere. It seems like it depends on which season you clicked on to get it to analyze the whole show.

Yet another reason for StreamFab to revamp the whole pop-up picker. Either have a dropdown selection PER SEASON or maybe have something like Lowest 1080p bitrate, highest 720p bitrate, etc... That is how i do it with my yt-dlp download script:

Meanwhile, if you plan on downloading a ton of shit before December 6th, you should queue in 1 season at a time by first clicking on the season you want to enqueue

Downloading Love After Lockup Season 403 Episode 6, i have to select the highest 720p to get the lowest 1080p. To analyze, i clicked on Love After Lockup, Season 4 (Part 3)
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Working...
      X