Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New StreamFab 6.1.0.1 adds ability to play Apple+ videos back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New StreamFab 6.1.0.1 adds ability to play Apple+ videos back!

Fyi,

Thank you StreamFab/DVDFab.

I noticed I can again play videos in StreamFab 6.1.0.1. using Apple+ download module and use capturing software.

I can not capture with any browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) or MS product due to screen going to black when using capturing.

Whatever StreamFab did that broke the ability has now been corrected in the current version.

This will allow me to do screen captures with better quality (1080p with 224Kb/s stereo) using my capture software in background mode.

Downloading via StreamFab 6.1.0.1 for Apple+ is still low quality at 862x360 with 32Kb/s for some like Echo3 or 862x432 with 32kb/s for others like Slow Horses.

Also some videos that will not even download with StreamFab, like Emancipation, can also be captured (see attached).

Was having to use older version of Streamfab 6.0.0.6 for screen capture.

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, Win10/64Pro & Win11/64 Pro, StreamFab 6.1.0.1, Competitor for HBOMax
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike_M; 12-30-2022, 11:56 AM.

What resolution does the SF browser get?

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
      What resolution does the SF browser get?
      Hi Kidjoe,

Here's some additional info.

It's getting a really good bitrate for the resolution based on the information feeding from my capturing software which tells me the Kb/s, audio rate, frame rate (etc... attached) - H264 12k/12 kb/s, 256 (audio), 30/30 frames/actual (dropped 0) that I'm receiving via the connection and per my settings.

The bitrate of 12,000 kb/s (StreamFab rate of feed going thru my connection) via StreamFab for Apple+ is probably what's important/nice to me since it gives the actual bitrate that my connection is getting for the video.

If you notice from the attached, it shows 12k/12 when being recorded - which means I have it set to 12,000 kb/s & it's actually receiving 12,000 kb/s (second number).

I'm using a 2560x1440 Dell Hi-def monitor with G-Sync and when I capture a film I like on Apple+, such as CUDA, I enlarge the StreamFab screen to take up the majority of the screen and then choose capture for it to define the screen via it's motion.

For films like CUDA and Emancipation when the closed captioned is integral or present, I then extend the screen upwards & downwards to make sure the area of captioning is also captured.

The software I'm using (Replay Video Capture $39.95), which I prefer, captures in "background" mode (for picture) - in other words I can use Chrome for browsing, download with alternate software and do other things on my computer as long as I mute whatever sounds they might produce so they are not included in the audio capture.

I can then process the file thru Topaz AI for enhancement & resizing to standard 1920x1080 (my preferred resolution) to add an extra quality to video.

The last step, Topaz AI, is not really necessary but adds and extra Omph to the quality/output and the difference can be seen when playing via Roku Ultra USB port (it does hardware upscaling too).

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, Win10/64Pro & Win11/64Pro, StreamFab 6.1.0.1, Competitor for HBOMax
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mike_M; 12-30-2022, 04:52 PM.

Comment

So you're saying you're still getting 862x360 or 862x432 but with higher bit rates and better audio bit rate, and playing with the SreamFab window at FULL Screen, letting Replay Capture capture the playback, then using Topaz to resize to 1920x1080?

Is there a need to play it full screen?
        Last edited by KidJoe; 12-30-2022, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
          Also some videos that will not even download with StreamFab, like Emancipation, can also be captured (see attached).
          I just downloaded Emancipation with 6.1.0.1. Sure its 862 x 360 (2.40:1) 1,486 kb/s AVC/H264 video, with 32.4 kb/s 44.1 kHz 2 Channel (HE-AACv2) but it download successfully.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
            I just downloaded Emancipation with 6.1.0.1. Sure its 862 x 360 (2.40:1) 1,486 kb/s AVC/H264 video, with 32.4 kb/s 44.1 kHz 2 Channel (HE-AACv2) but it download successfully.
            Hi KidJoe,

I got the two videos reversed as far as being able to download.

It's CODA that I couldn't download in Apple+ StreamFab - I got a failure when I did (see attached).

One reason I defaulted to capture since StreamFab would let me and other browsers wouldn't.

Can you (or anyone else) download CODA with StreamFab 6.1.0.1, just asking?

Weirder things have happened specific to users systems.

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, Win10/64 Pro & Win11/64 Pro, StreamFab 6.1.0.1, Other for HBO Max

Attached Files

Comment

Mike,
              Have you ever tried Tubedigger? Besides being probably the best non-DRM downloader I have, it is a great recorder, too. It also uses CEF as it's browser so you won't have the black screen problem. I think the Replay Capture program is really good (it's actually made by Jaksta) but I can't stand Applian. Even if you were to uninstall the Replay Capture with a real good uninstaller program and thought you removed everything, five years from now you'd still be finding Applian files and stuff buried in your computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Can you (or anyone else) download CODA with StreamFab 6.1.0.1, just asking?

Weirder things have happened specific to users systems.
                Nah, same thing Mike, not able to download CODA with this updated version, getting the same failure as you. Looks like you were able to download CODA before using V6005, so it must be this version it is having a problem with.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                  Mike,
                  Have you ever tried Tubedigger? Besides being probably the best non-DRM downloader I have, it is a great recorder, too. It also uses CEF as it's browser so you won't have the black screen problem. I think the Replay Capture program is really good (it's actually made by Jaksta) but I can't stand Applian. Even if you were to uninstall the Replay Capture with a real good uninstaller program and thought you removed everything, five years from now you'd still be finding Applian files and stuff buried in your computer.
                  This is exactly why I love this forum. My capture software is just OK, and you and Mike_M reviewing various products and methods is way better than Consumer Reports.

Comment

Working...
                  X