Hulu 4k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hulu 4k

Hi StreamFab staff! Just wondering if you're able to provide the ability to download at 4k yet? Some of the major competitors have now enabled the ability to download in 1080 & 4k if it's available on Hulu. This is a huge gamechanger for me as I'm pretty much a StreamFab priority user. Still have a great product and thank you for re-enabling 100 downloads/day/service.
    Last edited by corey75; 02-10-2023, 09:33 AM.

It's not going to happen on StreamFab. In order to get 1080p or higher, you must be using the Hulu app. The best you will get with a browser is 720p.

https://help.hulu.com/s/article/video-quality
    Last edited by Cats4U; 02-10-2023, 12:03 PM. Reason: List whole article, not just 4k

Comment

It can happen, and it has on other platforms. I am currently downloading 4k direct streams from the main competitor now and I do not have the hulu app installed anywhere. I prefer streamfab to do it.

Comment

It Can happen and as far as I am concerned people have the right to know what the provider is called its about helping other members achieve there goal

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post
          Hi StreamFab staff! Just wondering if you're able to provide the ability to download at 4k yet? Some of the major competitors have now enabled the ability to download in 1080 & 4k if it's available on Hulu. This is a huge gamechanger for me as I'm pretty much a StreamFab priority user. Still have a great product and thank you for re-enabling 100 downloads/day/service.

I originally only purchased the competitor due to it handling HBO Max 1080p and how long StreamFab went/has gone without addressing it and as backup for the core downloading services I use.

I am becoming *very* happy with some of the recent advances.

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, Win10/64 Pro & Win11/64 Pro
          StreamFab Lifetime, DVDFab Lifetime, Competitor Lifetime
          Last edited by Mike_M; 02-10-2023, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            It's not going to happen on StreamFab. In order to get 1080p or higher, you must be using the Hulu app. The best you will get with a browser is 720p.

https://help.hulu.com/s/article/video-quality
            I would expand that definition to include not only the Hulu app but also any hardware device with 'built-in' support. As far as I am aware, the listed limitations only apply to things that identify themselves as web browsers. While the browser paradigm is probably the easiest to take advantage of, there is nothing stopping the devs from having their software identify as a built-in player on a TV for example. I can't help but wonder if that's how the competition made it happen. Considering the limitations imposed on browsers by some of the sites, I've wondered why both SF and the competition have been sticking with the web browser based downloader. I'm guessing the competition has been working toward this moment for some time - hopefully SF devs are doing the same.
            Last edited by Dog; 02-10-2023, 04:08 PM.

Comment

We can keep our expectations high because the only ones who can make statements about improvements in SF is the development team.

I learned this lesson.

If the competitor has done it the SF developers have shown time and time again that they are highly capable of doing the same.

Last edited by Josephus; 02-10-2023, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I too would love to see StreamFab up their game on Hulu and such, especially with their competitor publicly working on it now. They have 1080p, and did have for a little 4K but have said they pulled back on 4K while they work on a few things. Although they have to work on Hulu Audio too... (71kbps AAC 2.0 channel for Alita Battle Angel and other titles just doesn't cut it).

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I don't know the methodology DVDFab uses for StreamFab vs what the competitor uses for their app. So I don't know how translatable the advances that one makes is to the other. So I don't assume just because one does/has it, the other can/will too.

I would love to see FAB duplicate the other guy's success on Hulu. BUT FAB never tells us until they are releasing it.

Hopefully they read this thread and understand that we want them to do 1080p/4K on Hulu too. And more importantly, I hope they can.

While I rarely download from Hulu, my hope is that this can also lead to Disney+ 1080p and 4K. For now, since I've said that I want it, I'll sit and wait and hope Fab can do it.

I too purchased the other due to StreamFab's inability to get HBOMax back to 1080p (and it was on sale too!). That is mainly what I use it for. While I prefer StreamFab's ease of use, the UI for the streaming services being unaltered, and how it finds all titles, I'll use whichever gives me the best video/audio downloads at any given time.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

1. Although they have to work on Hulu Audio too... (71kbps AAC 2.0 channel for Alita Battle Angel and other titles just doesn't cut it).

2. I too purchased the other due to StreamFab's inability to get HBOMax back to 1080p (and it was on sale too!). That is mainly what I use it for. While I prefer StreamFab's ease of use, the UI for the streaming services being unaltered, and how it finds all titles, I'll use whichever gives me the best video/audio downloads at any given time.

Hiya Kidjoe,

Fyi...

1.Just saw this example for one show - next beta version (see attached) for audio update - Hulu 2560x1440p & 256 6ch DD+...

2. Yep, using competitor exclusively for HBOMax 1080p.

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, Win10/64 Pro & Win11/64Pro
                  StreamFab Lifetime, DVDFab Lifetime, Competitor Lifetime
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Mike_M; 02-10-2023, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post
                    It can happen, and it has on other platforms. I am currently downloading 4k direct streams from the main competitor now and I do not have the hulu app installed anywhere. I prefer streamfab to do it.
                    Interesting. I was not aware of what the competition has done. I don't use the product and I only occasionally read their forum. Angry Fox's comments annoy me too much. I'd have to agree with Dog that they appear to be subverting the browser model and are probably mimicking a hardware device. I thought that this was the way StreamFab was going with its Android version but from reports I read they actually stuck with a browser model. SF developers seem to be more interesting in putting out fires here and there (and starting new ones like losing the ability to download Youtube files in 6.1.0.6) rather than innovating in a new direction. I think their business model for the customer is flawed. The business model for them is very profittable. That business model is to put out modules, at a high price, that will cover as many streaming services in the world as possible. The competition has taken a different approach and are only dealing with the largest streaming services. They want nothing to do with the riff-raff streamers of the world. Rather than waste time putting out a fire at a streamer, that you never heard of, they have time to innovate for all the major streamers.
                    So, yes, I admit it, I was wrong. I was only thinking in terms of the browser model. I was thinking in terms of the usual cat and mouse games. If the competition can build on this innovation then it becomes a cat and rat game with rat being the same size as the cat. You'd never know I hated metaphors when I was in school a million years ago.

Comment

Hi all,

We will also check it, thanks!

Wilson
                      Please post your logs the default location is:
                      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

The competitor has disable 4k temporarily until the bugs in it get sorted out but its definitely in 1080p not sure how they did it as to my understanding hulu only streams in 720p in browser's
                        Last edited by Justin; 02-13-2023, 08:21 AM.

Comment

The competitor is adding differentiated quality to his product. Quality X Quantity. The subscriber of both wins the day.

Comment

Hi all,

StreamFab will support to download the 1080p and H265 videos from Hulu soon, please keep the eye for StreamFab change log.

Thanks!

Wilson
                            Please post your logs the default location is:
                            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Josephus View Post
                              We can keep our expectations high because the only ones who can make statements about improvements in SF is the development team.

I learned this lesson.

If the competitor has done it the SF developers have shown time and time again that they are highly capable of doing the same.

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                              Hi all,

StreamFab will support to download the 1080p and H265 videos from Hulu soon, please keep the eye for StreamFab change log.

Thanks!

Wilson

I never doubted his potential.

Very grateful for that statement.​
                              Last edited by Josephus; 02-15-2023, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X