Netflix Original Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix Original Audio

Could we please get a setting to pre-select only the Original Audio?

I understand the logic of selecting the audio you understand but as a person who appreciates actor performances, i feel we should watch in the original language and use subtitles if you don't understand the language.

Nuances in intonation, voice cracking, pitch, etc can really enhance the watching experience.

I honestly think watching a dubbed movie, you do not get the intended impact the actor or director meant.

Anyway, since there is a flag that points to the original audio, it should be easy to add Original Audio in the Pre-Select Audio Language dropdown. If that will mess up other modules, then you could add a Netflix-specific setting like you did for the Profiles and H265.

The reason i am asking is that i do download a shit ton of stuff and don't always remember to make sure the audio is the original one. I download the stuff, add it to Kodi, then sit down to watch it and realize it's dubbed. My fault but still i would appreciate the option to never have to select the audio again for Netflix.
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

If they brought more updates per week we could see this feature very soon.However, at the current pace it will take time before it knows the light of day, if it is taken into consideration. You have made a good defense of your argument and I absolutely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Josephus View Post
      If they brought more updates per week we could see this feature very soon. However, at the current pace it will take time before it knows the light of day, if it is taken into consideration. You have made a good defense of your argument and I absolutely agree.
      Thanks Josephus!

I was afraid of being attacked because i have had this discussion with friends who don't speak English and they watch movies dubbed in French and i basically call blasphemy lol...

I tell them they have never seen an actor's nominated performance and they don't agree. Ok you have seen an English "Best Movie" in French but if the nomination is an individual actor performance, you actually haven't seen that performance.

It's not a popular opinion with unilingual people but it is with multilingual people so i know a lot of people will disagree.

I am fully bilingual (French and English) but i would never watch an English movie dubbed in French or vice-versa. Just like i would never watch a Korean movie in English.

I love Korean cinema and i watch in Korean with the English subtitles. Self-proclaimed movie buffs who only watch stuff in their own language (dubbed or not) would be shocked to learn Korean cinema has amazing movies that are better than 80% of the best Hollywood movies. Old Boy, Sympathy For Lady Vengeance, The Chaser or I Saw the Devil are just a tiny sample of how good it is...

Anyway, it would be really nice to have that setting so the people who are "purists" are satisfied along with people who prefer dubbed movies.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Thanks Josephus!

I was afraid of being attacked because i have had this discussion with friends who don't speak English and they watch movies dubbed in French and i basically call blasphemy lol...

I tell them they have never seen an actor's nominated performance and they don't agree. Ok you have seen an English "Best Movie" in French but if the nomination is an individual actor performance, you actually haven't seen that performance.

It's not a popular opinion with unilingual people but it is with multilingual people so i know a lot of people will disagree.

I am fully bilingual (French and English) but i would never watch an English movie dubbed in French or vice-versa. Just like i would never watch a Korean movie in English.

I love Korean cinema and i watch in Korean with the English subtitles. Self-proclaimed movie buffs who only watch stuff in their own language (dubbed or not) would be shocked to learn Korean cinema has amazing movies that are better than 80% of the best Hollywood movies. Old Boy, Sympathy For Lady Vengeance, The Chaser or I Saw the Devil are just a tiny sample of how good it is...

Anyway, it would be really nice to have that setting so the people who are "purists" are satisfied along with people who prefer dubbed movies.
        see post number one - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-here-~updated they are working on additional features for streamfab.
        Last edited by october262; 03-15-2023, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

see post number one - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-here-~updated they are working on additional features for streamfab.
          Ya i do know about that thread but i feel things posted in there are straightforward and this one could have people weighing in on if it is something more people would want.

Still waiting for some sort of survey to be enabled on bbtools.ca and i will definitely create a poll to gauge what people really want

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

Sorry i misread your post. You are talking about the list of features being worked on...

I forgot about that one. Thanks for reminding me!

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Thanks Josephus!

You can count on my support. We need to encourage successive improvements in the functionality of existing modules. Each user who brings a suggestion to the attention of the forum knows that it will benefit everyone.

Comment

Hi all,

We will check it first.

Thanks for your feedback.

Wilson
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you Wilson!

Comment

Working...
                  X