Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statement at DVDFab.cn - Cust/Acct ID in metafiles for streaming download tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statement at DVDFab.cn - Cust/Acct ID in metafiles for streaming download tracking

The current statement at DVDFab.cn (below link) still says that the Customer/Account ID is included in downloads from Streaming services in order to track.

A response in this forum from a representative said that they don't really do that and the statement at https://streamfab.com/statement.htm (not the site that most of us use and installs in different path) was modified to delete the part about including customer/account ID in the metadata for files you download from Streaming Services after I pointed that out.

But...

Statement at DVDFab.cn 4/2/23 (right now)
    Here is some information you may concern.

"Please understand that whoever wants the same benefits, whoever wants to do the same cool high-resolution TV episodes as yourself, whether a friend, a coworker or someone else on the Internet, they all need to get their own streaming platform accounts and downloader license. Therefore we took one step further to help anyone who's willing to share content to think harder before deciding to do so. We've included the customer/account id in the metadata of the files extracted from streaming platforms."

It would be nice if DVDFab/StreamFab was consistent across it's web presences and supplied us with an assurance that we could believe and would tell us exactly what is done during processing/interaction with DVDFab/StreamFab servers and how a downloaded file from a Streaming service is modified and adjusted.

As I pointed out previously, downloads from StreamFab increase the size of the file slightly after it is downloaded and processed vs a pure download from the streaming service. (I submitted examples previously - no response)

It would also be nice if you responded to my previous question about download tracking records for users stored on you server (and for how long?) when Mona responded to one user that she checked his downloads (he didn't submit logs) and she saw that the downloads were completed successfully for the questioned files and didn't fail like he said.

I would like to know that DVDFab/StreamFab does *not* keep records of my downloads via StreamFab and nor modify files to include customer/account Id for tracking - not that I share with anybody.

I would also like assurances that my account info is not sold to any 3rd parties and that no income is derived from it's sale by DVDFab/StreamFab.

Thanks!

Mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike_M; 04-02-2023, 08:10 PM.

I'm more concerned of the records going somewhere else. My downloads are for my own personal use, no one else, but attaching my data has always been a concern. Question is, is it just simply one of the Global Tags? So you just remux it without the tag in question?

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
      I'm more concerned of the records going somewhere else. My downloads are for my own personal use, no one else, but attaching my data has always been a concern. Question is, is it just simply one of the Global Tags? So you just remux it without the tag in question?

MrKrawk,

I'm concerned with several of the things mentioned and getting to a point where I could actually trust DVDFab/StreamFab responses to concerns.

I have other reasons to feel concerned that are based in fact.

StreamFab *seems* to treat us sometimes like we are now very intelligent.

They continue to bombard me with popups and emails offering up to an amazing 65% off on products - nearly a perpetual offering since I've purchased their products.

Sure I could unsubscribe from DVDFab emails, but one of these days I *might* miss some product that actually has a good price or is new that interests me.

DvdFab has sent me emails comparing the speed of their downloads to other leading products, neglecting to cover that the "slowest" product in the comparisons was actually faster than them at the time due to menu settings for download speed that could *actually* be adjusted to "unlimited". StreamFab continues to displays "Turbo Speed" above downloaded modules in the downloading panel that only really effects one or two modules and doesn't apply to all modules.

StreamFab has presented itself as having ~12 employees using stock photos that are used all over the internet that can be purchased as having degrees from prestigious colleges here in America. Same thing for many of the reviews I've found on their sites and others using stock photos.

The coverage in this forum which seems to be only Mona & "Wilson Wang" occasionally is not timely and does not do good follow-up. The configuration of this forum's software leaves *much* to be desired. Just yesterday I again could not post a zip file of logs due to a message about reaching my upload limit - which Mona has fixed in the past manually sometimes when it occurs.

DvdFab & StreamFab continue to sale Crackle when it's not worked for over 1/2 a year - that is not good.

The also do not adjust their website(s) adequately when there are module issues for a while, such as doing only 720p or 360p or not even working for and extended time.

I was *very* happy until last year when HBOMax went sub 1080p and was not fixed for many months and I looked elsewhere for for relief.

The recent outage in last the few weeks on multiple modules not being able to download that *should* have been alarmed by failures on the server side were eventually fixed despite many posts here over those days that should have prompted faster response.

The way StreamFab continues to do releases at the end of their week and so many new problems that are introduced that can go for a while without being fixed and no forum presence after the release at the end of the week until Monday or Tuesday has been repeatedly asked to be addressed by customers.

I have spent a lot of time trying to help other users here by testing their issues - to the point of sometimes even purchasing movies or Streaming services (for a month) that I didn't normally use due to some posts that don't seem to be responded to in a timely fashion or adequately.

When I had the problem with an email offering me a certain price on two products in DVDFab and screenshots during the purchase (which I wisely did) that proved it was telling me I would be charged a certain amount during the purchase process, then charged nearly double, I then turned over my DVDFab access to them (Mona) in order for DVDFab to test my ID with a purchase to prove that it actually occurred. During that time of them testing I had access issues but was eventually was refunded the amount. Still don't know how their system cross-wired offerings in that case and did this.

It would be interesting to know the number of actual StreamFab fulltime employee's and what are their primary and secondary support duties - is it 10?, 20? etc...

The below link lists less than 10 "Key" employee's

Many of these things lead me to believe that DVDFab/StreamFab does not have the amount of employees it represents with it's images and degrees from US and is not adequately covered to proper monitor and fix issues (number of programmers).

I believe due to the service levels and response I've seen since becoming StreamFab & DVDFab lifetime purchaser I am allowed to talk about the above facts that I've seen and question the quality of service and marketing.

I was a Systems Manager and VP in a main frame environment for over 30 years, was responsible for developing testing plans, implementing new releases, allocating human resources to those projects and coordinating with vendors.

I have personally built my computers from components and have done hardware/software configurations since computers started being offered before they included math co-processors.

I also ran a 30 phone line WorldGroup BBS (Bulletin Board Service) with feeds, newsgroups, etc... before the Internet exploded...

I am member of Mensa and Intertel and don't really enjoy being treated like a dumb user that doesn't notice some of the above practices by DVDFab & StreamFab.

There are many other people on this forum whose expertise I respect and acknowledge that know much more about programming, coding, the ends/outs of some of these processes and function using multi languages (I only speak two conversationally).

Mike​
      Last edited by Mike_M; 04-03-2023, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X