Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Download Any 4K Content

Version 6.1.1.6

Just purchasd StreamFAB and I am unable to download any 4k content. I never get the option. And yes the content I am trying to grab has 4k. (HBO Max - 'The Last of Us', Disney+ - 'The Mandalorian', AppleTV - Tetris, etc). The only option that it get is up to 1080p. Even if I connect my laptop to a 4K OLED TV.

With AppleTV I never get an option for video on anything I try to download. The only options I get are "audio" and "subtitle". And when I click download just to see, it downloads in 360p.

Any help is greatly apprectiated.

See the image below for AppleTV screenshot.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	appletv.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	424097

You didn't notice this during your trial period?

MY PERSONAL CREDO: Before purchasing ANY software, read at a minimum, two week's worth of their latest discussions on their Support Forum. There will be no surprises as to the status of the software then. If they do not have a Support Forum, do not purchase the software.

Comment

Originally posted by agon024 View Post
      Version 6.1.1.6

Just purchasd StreamFAB and I am unable to download any 4k content. I never get the option. And yes the content I am trying to grab has 4k. (HBO Max - 'The Last of Us', Disney+ - 'The Mandalorian', AppleTV - Tetris, etc). The only option that it get is up to 1080p. Even if I connect my laptop to a 4K OLED TV.

With AppleTV I never get an option for video on anything I try to download. The only options I get are "audio" and "subtitle". And when I click download just to see, it downloads in 360p.

See the image below for AppleTV screenshot.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	appletv.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	424097
      for AppleTV, see this thread - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...arding-appletv

for HBO Max, see this thread - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-here-~updated under supported websites - HBO Max

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
        You didn't notice this during your trial period?

MY PERSONAL CREDO: Before purchasing ANY software, read at a minimum, two week's worth of their latest discussions on their Support Forum. There will be no surprises as to the status of the software then. If they do not have a Support Forum, do not purchase the software.
        First of all I didn't have and HBO Max or a lot of the other subscription services when I purchased this. So NO I didn't notice LOL!! Second of all I shouldn't have to scour through forum posts to find out that a company is lying to you on their main sales page when they say:

Download HBO shows and movies to watch completely offline with a high quality.
        • Download HBO movies/TV shows to MP4/MKV
        • Download HBO videos up to 4K
        • Output premium Atmos/AAC/AC3 audio
        • Preserve all audio tracks and subtitles

​So basically this company is baiting and switching people and commiting fraud due to false advertising. GOT IT! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

for HBO Max, see this thread - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-here-~updated under supported websites - HBO Max
          Thank you that helped me out. I got it working for HBO Max.

Comment

First of all I didn't have and HBO Max or a lot of the other subscription services when I purchased this. So NO I didn't notice LOL!!
            You wrote "Just purchasd StreamFAB". Key word - JUST, meaning very recently; in the immediate past. That implies that you subscribed to the other services even more recently than your purchase of StreamFab and wasted your chance at testing it during the trial period. That's fine if you want to do it that way but it would not have been my way of doing it. I take full advantage of trial periods of new software to me as much as possible.

Second of all I shouldn't have to scour through forum posts to find out that a company is lying to you on their main sales page
            In a perfect world, maybe, you shouldn't have to scour through forum posts but as everyone knows, this is not a perfect world. Anyone that has been around the various programs that allow you to download streaming DRM-encrypted videos knows that it is a cat and mouse game. The streamers make changes and the software companies have to work around them, then the streamers make more changes to defeat that and on and on. I've seen with all the various programs that sometimes the marketing department gets behind on what the true capabilities of the program is. As I stated in MY PERSONAL CREDO (meaning what I do and not what I would expect anyone else to do) reading the Forum is the only way to get the true current status of any program.
            Last edited by Cats4U; 04-11-2023, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Version 6.1.1.6

Just to be clear.... StreamFab could only download 4K from HBOmax which has limited 4K content available, see -> https://help.hbomax.com/us/Answer/Detail/000001167 While changes to Hulu recently allowed 1080p, I don't recall if 4K was possible. If it was, it was for only original content, and I don't know if its still possible (I don't download from Hulu that often). The dvdfab.cn web site for StreamFab is pretty accurate on its capabilities, and NOT mentioning 4K for anything but HBOMax. If you purchased StreamFab from other sites, I can't comment on those.

As mentioned, DRM is a "cat and mouse" game. The Streaming services try to block apps like StreamFab from downloading and decrypting, and apps like StreamFab try to break and work around it. SO you might find sometimes you can download at the full and expected resolution, and other times not. For more read -> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-streamfab-faq while a little out of date (the issues caused by the streaming services changing DRM 12/2021 had been fixed since then, so the 5.0.0.8 and 5.0.0.9 work arounds have been removed for some time), the general idea is still valid. .

Comment

Working...
              X