Clipboard copy url bug / Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clipboard copy url bug / Windows 10

This issue has plagued the Amazon downloader on and off, doesn't seem to affect the other modules.

When I copy the URL of a TV episode, the program will ask if I want to download it, and I say yes. After analyzing, I get the download window and it downloads.

After the download completes, it pops up with another Analyzing dialog. I click cancel. As I navigate, it does it again. The only way to stop it it seems is to kill the Amazon tab on the Home screen.

Workflow:
    1) In a browser, copy the URL.
    2) Tell SF I do not want to download.
    3) Launch the Amazon module
    4) Paste the URL in notepad, delete the ?autoplay=0 part from the URL.
    5) In notepad, copy the URL.
    6) Tell SF I DO want to download it.
    7) Download completed, but I keep getting Analyzing dialogs every 5 seconds or so until I kill the Amazon module

Maybe for step 5 is it because I hit control A to select all instead of lassoing the single line? Will try just the lasso next. The issue does not happen all the time so I am trying to figure out why.

Why am I doing step 3? When I actually want to download, if the module is not already running, weird things might happen. Well, it does on Netflix, not sure about Amazon.

I was unable to reproduce your problem using both old and new movies and then old and new TV episodes. Followed your instructions exactly. Send the staff your StreamFab.log. Maybe they can figure out what is going wrong with your system.

Comment

I also tried to reproduce it but wasn't able to.

Questions:
      • Do you have a non-Windows Native clipboard manager app or extension running?
      • Do you have AutoHotKey or AutoIt running?
      • What other apps are opened while this is happening?
      • Do you have clipboard history enabled?
      • Do you have Clipboard sync enabled?
      If you have clipboard sync enabled, i would turn that off first and see if that solves it. I can't remember where it is in Windows 10 but if you go to settings and search clipboard, you should find it.

Obviously any clipboard manager/history not native to windows may cause issues so i would disable that next.

I have clipboard history enabled in Windows 11 (which is so good that you don't need an app for that) but i do not enable syncing.
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Standard windows 10 clipboard, default settings. It did it just now after downloading something from Hulu. No other apps open except Firefox.
        I have hotkeyp installed, but it is NOT running right now, nor was it running any time before during this startup of the computer.
        Attached Files

Comment

I did not realize it was still doing it in the background. The program eventually became unresponsive and it said I cannot download this video.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here would be another question if we really think there is something spiking the clipboard. Why does the problem stop when I close the Amazon module, and why does it seem to affect ONLY the Amazon module?

Although it would be a neat feature if there was a "Paste" option somewhere in SF, you just paste the url in the paste box. Then you don't have to constantly click cancel when something you did not intend to send to SF's way goes there.

Have also made an observation that might be related. Once I tell SF to download the video after it has enumerated and analyzed, if I watch the Prime Video screen in the SF browser, I notice it keeps refreshing every couple of seconds, like the program is hitting F5. I know Disney+ does not do that behavior, it sits there idle on the home page.
            Last edited by MrGrackle; 08-27-2023, 03:22 PM.

Comment

YUP. The auto-refresh function within the SF web browser is indeed what is causing or contributing to it. Typically when the download begins, the browser stays on the TV show's season page, and the purple wheel at the top of the tab fills in solid, empties, fills in, then the tab refreshes and repeats the process.

Just now I clicked the "Amazon Prime" link at the upper left of the navigation page, bringing me to Amazon's home page, somewhere outside the TV season's domain. The purple wheel filled in twice, then the page sat dormant, no refresh F5.

Comment

Aaaaaaannnd, I just went into Hulu, clicked a link for show, and the Amazon module went into hyperdrive again with the analyzing loop. I noticed the Amazon module was back to the previous show's episode page and doing it's loop dee loop again. Had to repeat the process, cancel several times, kill the module.
                Attached Files

Comment

Mona are you seeing any of this? And should these logs be deleted from public view?

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
                    Mona are you seeing any of this? And should these logs be deleted from public view?
                    We are trying to duplicate it, not sure why it behaves like that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

We are trying to duplicate it, not sure why it behaves like that yet.
                      One of my last posts does mention that the amazon tab in the home page keeps refreshing. I somehow think that is related. None of the other modules do that.
                      Is there a debug mode I could enable to facilitate this further?

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post

One of my last posts does mention that the amazon tab in the home page keeps refreshing. I somehow think that is related. None of the other modules do that.
                        Is there a debug mode I could enable to facilitate this further?
                        The QA team could not duplicate it. They tested the one https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/deta...t1ALAAAAAA0wr0 , no problem as you described.
                        Maybe you can try again when the new version is available.

Comment

Today, even while HotkeyP is loaded, the problem is not happening. I am wondering if there is a memory hole or something else interfering.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by MrGrackle; 09-01-2023, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Update on this issue: It is still random. The newest behavior now that I am using 6143, when it acts up on Prime, I copy the url to say episode 15 of a show, it works ok. But then I copy the url of episode 16, and the program gives me episode 15 in the first popup, I cancel it, then it gives me 16 like I asked. Imagine when I have copied 8 URLs. I have to cancel 7 of them til I get to the 8th.

I can get it to stop this behavior by clearing the clipboard history in windows (Windows Key + V).

Again, it does not do it every time and I do not see what factors cause it. I can be on a fresh boot of the system and it does it, other times not.

[EDIT] -- I spoke too soon. My clipboard is completely empty, I am trying to access something on Hulu and the Amazon module won't stop analyzing previous url pastes. As fast as I can click cancel it pops up again trying to analyze again, as I try to frantically close the Amazon tab.
                            Last edited by MrGrackle; 09-20-2023, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Probably related to the mystery that apparently only I have, but it could also be resources related so worth a look.
                              If I copy the link in my browser on Amazon from TV show A, then go to TV show B, the browser screen shows TV show A while downloading B.

Say you copy the link to S5E5 of CSI Miami from your favorite browser. SF kicks in analyzing, CSI Miami S5E5 is shown in the built-in browser. Of course the auto-refresh kicks in every 3 seconds until you redirect the built-in browser to say the home page of Amazon. Most people don't touch the auto-refresh screen, so it does it continuously.

Now you decide to copy a link to Blue Bloods S10E1. SF kicks in analyzing, the browser screen shows Blue Bloods S10E1. Once you say DOWNLOAD, the screen auto-refreshes but it shows CSI Miami on the browser window now. The download of Blue Bloods completes correctly even though the browser screen shows CSI Miami.

Sometimes, when I select the second show in my regular browser and copy the link, if I do not look closely, it is giving me the option to download the first show again even though I copied the link to the second show.

There are a few other off behaviors that happen too, probably related to the 25 episode limit. Such as when I download S10E1 of Blue Bloods, before the actual download begins it "analyzes" Season 10 AND Season 9.

Comment

Working...
                              X