No announcement yet.

Peacock: Endless Analyzing Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to mention I also tried installing streamfab on a computer that I never installed it on before & still had the same issues with Peacock. I mainly only use streamfab to save Christmas movies from Peacock because while I love Christmas movies I refuse to start watching them before Halloween is over & Hallmark now starts airing new ones in October. Hallmark only puts them on Peacock for 3 days after they air on TV. I have had to go back plugging my Roku stick in to my USB Capture device to save the movies off of Peacock, which is so much slower & takes more work then with Streamfab. I really hope the issue can be found soon & is fixable

@Cats4U​ I was only able to wait an hour because I tested on a 2nd computer & didn't actively watch the monitor. Before doing that when I used my main computer I only waited about 5 minutes too.

Comment

Originally posted by DawnB View Post
      I forgot to mention I also tried installing streamfab on a computer that I never installed it on before & still had the same issues with Peacock.
      I'm using v. 6.1.4.7., but it's an upgrade from way back, not a new install. (And I upgrade from the open existing version, rather than opening the latest download, because too many times that's done a totally new sign-in-and-authenticate-it install and deleted my download queue and download history, instead of just an update.) I haven't cleared any caches or completely uninstalled anything in about forever, so I wonder if that's why I've got some sort of analysis immunity. Hey, it's as good a reason as any, right?

I feel so bad for you, it sucks that your Xmas movies only have a 3-day shelf life - that's ridiculously unfair!
      Last edited by artsunlimited; 10-28-2023, 03:04 PM.

Comment

(wilding waving hands in the air)

Hello, I'm having the same problem as well. I'm in the USA with Spectrum for the provider and I was trying (and failing) to get Five Nights at Freddy's (5NAF). I noticed this problem yesterday (10/27) morning but didn't have time to report the problem.

This was experienced using the actual Peacock module in SF.

I downloaded the developer beta that Mona provided the link for earlier in this thread, and unfortunately it didn't work for me either. Here's the step-by-step of what I did to get this problem:

Using SF 6.1.4.7, I logged into Peacock as normal, and from the "attract" screen (aka the home page) I waited for 5NAF to appear on the scrolling top. Once it did, I clicked on More Info. SF, as usual, started its analyze mode, but then went no further. The screen behind it remained black and it just kept showing the analyzing message from SF. I ended up canceling the analysis after some time and had to close SF in order to try the next test.

On the next test I cleared the SF temp directory, loaded SF back up, and repeated the steps. The same thing happened.

On the next test I installed the developer beta, logged back into Peacock, and this time I searched for the title, then clicked on the icon that appeared in the search results. As in the official 6.1.4.7 version, the developer beta did the same thing -- stuck on analysis with a black screen behind it.

The last time I was able to successfully download anything from Peacock was on 10/26, from items that were already in the Queue, and I was using 6.1.4.7 official at that time. But now I can't download anything from Peacock, including the items in the queue.

This leads me to believe that a change happened over at Peacock between 10/26 and 10/27 and it's (unlikely) not a SF issue.

For a final test (to include logs), I cleared everything out of Logs, Output, and Temp, started SF (dev beta), logged into Peacock, searched for the title I wanted, then clicked on it when it showed up in the results. Same outcome. Logfiles were then zipped for here.

I don't know if this will help at all but here's some additional information:

* I have 114 items in my Peacock queue (this is before the issues started) as well as 209 for Amazon, 7 for Pluto (still waiting for THAT to get fixed), and 1 for YouTube

* My Peacock account is a multi-profile account, ie, I have 2 other family members that show up as selectable profiles after I log into Peacock. This issue is happening regardless of which profile is selected.

* This seems to be happening regardless of what item is being searched for (ie, I searched for Quantum Leap, clicked on the icon in the search results, and it's once again stuck on Analyzing Video URL

* Copying the URL from a regular browser and letting SF try to grab it that way yields the same results.

* I am able to watch these titles on a regular browser...however, interestingly, when I tried to watch Quantum Leap, I got a message from Peacock saying to disable ad blockers in order to enjoy the show. After I configured AdBlock Plus to allow Peacock to show ads, it was playing fine.​
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BradYonder View Post
          This leads me to believe that a change happened over at Peacock between 10/26 and 10/27 and it's (unlikely) not a SF issue.
          Then wouldn't that mean that I shouldn't be able to analyze anything, let alone add it to the queue and download it - which I'm doing? Wouldn't that indicate it's not a sitewide change on Peacock's end? I'm not getting Peacock through my cable provider like you and several others are, but another indie subscriber had your same issue. I dunno what I'm doing right to get complete analysis, but it's certainly not a reward for clean living.

Comment

The plot thickens. Thanks everyone for your comments, opinions and especially the sending of your logs to the developer. The first few days (starting on 10/20) I really thought I was the only one having this problem because no one responded to my post. Then it started to trickle in with Xfinity ISP users, here and on Reddit, and then more reports and now it appears it is rolling out to beyond Xfinity ISP users. Looking at my logs I think there are enough clues there for the developer to work with to fix this thing. Now comes the hard part, the wait. Everyone here that's been around awhile knows I can be fiery and demanding at times but I'm really going to try to be patient and give my full support and thoughts of success to the developer. Hopefully it pays off.

Comment

My latest results with my independent account. (paid plan with ads)
              Login prompt is instant.
              Caterpillar is less than a second.
              Click my profile. Main page loads instantly.
              Clicking on a show from My Stuff, analyzes for perhaps 1-2 Seconds.
              Selecting what I want to download, the next analyzing actually took less than 30 seconds this time (!!!!)
              Download about 5 seconds.
              Processing about 2 minutes.

I have saved a copy of my streamfab and qef logs in case they need to see what it looks like on a successful download.
              Last edited by MrGrackle; 10-28-2023, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I have saved a copy of my streamfab and qef logs in case they need to see what it looks like on a successful download.
                I'd leave that up to Mona or Wilson.Wang if they'd like you to send your successful download logs so the developer can use them as comparison with the failure ones. Keep them handy for a little while. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
                  Login prompt is instant.
                  Caterpillar is less than a second.
                  Click my profile. Main page loads instantly.
                  Clicking on a show from My Stuff, analyzes for perhaps 1-2 Seconds.
                  Selecting what I want to download, the next analyzing actually took less than 30 seconds this time (!!!!)
                  Download about 5 seconds.
                  Processing about 2 minutes.
                  #jealous

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

Then wouldn't that mean that I shouldn't be able to analyze anything, let alone add it to the queue and download it - which I'm doing? Wouldn't that indicate it's not a sitewide change on Peacock's end? I'm not getting Peacock through my cable provider like you and several others are, but another indie subscriber had your same issue. I dunno what I'm doing right to get complete analysis, but it's certainly not a reward for clean living.
                    I'm not going to claim I know the ins and outs of what is/isn't happening...in fact there are users on this site much more intelligent about these things than I am...I was just speculating on what could be happening based on my experience, especially if this is happening to people who are streaming through cable providers. It almost seems like a rollout, as the OP was saying this had been happening to them since 10/20 and I encountered the problem a week later.

Regardless, I hope a solution can be found and a fix implemented soon!

Comment

I seem to be having the same problem, I am not using Comcast/XFinity

Comment

When will Peacock be fixed? I'm trying to get movies and it's just endless analyzing. This is annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                          When will Peacock be fixed? I'm trying to get movies and it's just endless analyzing. This is annoying.
                          It'll get fixed when it gets fixed and not before. Why don't you do something positive and send in your StreamFab.log so that the developer has another example of the problem to work with to figure out the problem. The more information he has, the faster it will probably be fixed.

Comment

I figured there was already enough posted about it is why I didn't bother. That's why I asked. You didn't have to talk to me like that though. I said nothing to you for you to be like that. Anyway I hope it gets fixed soon. My main thing is the competitor can download from Peacock but it's only 1 file size option where StreamFab gives us mulptiple options for the most part. That's one thing I really like more about StreamFab than the competitor.

Comment

I'm sorry if I came across wrong to you. I didn't mean to. If there is one big truism about DVDFab it is that they move at their own pace. I just see telling them, like so many do on the forum here, that the last update didn't fix a problem and repeatedly asking when it will be fixed is just a futile effort. I've never been a fan of short term nagging. I don't think it is a secret here that when the developer rushes a fix here, more times than not, it doesn't actually get fixed and something else gets screwed up in addition. Believe me, I wanted the endless analyzing fixed the very first day I saw it but that's not how it works here. I was appreciative when they came out with the Beta fix but in the back of my head I knew it wouldn't work even before I installed it. That's why, back in message # 50, I urged patience. Being that the competition doesn't have the problem (and never did) that means that this is not an insurmountable problem. It'll get fixed when it gets fixed.

Comment

Same issue with endless analyzing here too. Using 6.1.4.7. DRM MPD also not working as of this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X