Helpful Hint for Amazon Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Helpful Hint for Amazon Movies

If you want to download movies from Amazon from 2023, I found, so you don't buy or rent and waste money, to go to TMDB, enter movie name and see if it was released before 15 October 2023. If so, I've found you should be good. If not, it gets "iffy" on whether you'll get full 1080p.

Hope this helps somebody

You can't go by the movie release date. I tried to download a 1959 movie, The Mouse That Roared. It's in HD, and StreamFab detects it as available in 1080p, but the download was limited to 540p.

Comment

The first release is not at all providers at same time..
      and the "Watch Now" Info on TMDB is from JustWatch.com

Specially amazon re-release often if channel changed

btw: How come 15 October 2023 ?​

Comment

JD...key word above is "should" and I was only talking about 2023 releases....what it's doing with earlier stuff, I haven't tried it. I just know it has so far worked for me. Didn't say anything about guaranteed success.

Germania....15 Oct 2023....I've had trouble with most movies released after 15 October. Can't explain it. Just how it has worked out so far.

Comment

I dont't think there is any rule what still works and what doesn't. In the "sale" 2 days ago I bought (Amazon Prime Video) the 2 seasons of the Sarah Connor Chronicals. Which is available on Amazon since a few years. Season 2 I could download no problem in H264 1080p. With Season 1 only 5 out of 9 episodes could be downloaded (also in H264 1080p). This was with version 6.1.6.1. Version 6.1.6.5. would download the missing episodes in SD, however, the quality is less than the DVD version. Attempting the episodes which worked with 6.1.6.1 would also only downloaded in SD.
          The same applies also to older movies which have not been shifted between channels. Is it possible, that Amazon is already converting existing material to the new DRM?

Comment

Originally posted by Kattanders View Post
            I dont't think there is any rule what still works and what doesn't. In the "sale" 2 days ago I bought (Amazon Prime Video) the 2 seasons of the Sarah Connor Chronicals. Which is available on Amazon since a few years. Season 2 I could download no problem in H264 1080p. With Season 1 only 5 out of 9 episodes could be downloaded (also in H264 1080p). This was with version 6.1.6.1. Version 6.1.6.5. would download the missing episodes in SD, however, the quality is less than the DVD version. Attempting the episodes which worked with 6.1.6.1 would also only downloaded in SD.
            The same applies also to older movies which have not been shifted between channels. Is it possible, that Amazon is already converting existing material to the new DRM?
            Yeah, that's basically the same thing I was experiencing. 6161 would download some episodes while others in the same season got the "unable to access video information, please check your internet connection" message. 6165 was able to download those failed episodes but only in 540p. There were also videos that couldn't get analyzed, again 6165 fixed that but only in 540p. I guess right now the only thing we can do is wait and hope the devs will be able to crack this.

It's unfortunate, I subscribed to Crunchyroll in prime channel during their promotional sale last Christmas ($1.99 per month for 2 months), was trying to get through all my anime backlog before the end of the promotional period, but looks like I'll need to extend my subscription for at least another month.

Comment

yesterday I still hat a 50% success with download from Amazon of "old" content. Today 0 out of 10 ... only if something doesn' work anymore you realise what you are missing... StreamFab Team, we count on you!!!

Comment

I've noticed some videos downloading from Amazon take a lot of process time... it only takes a minute to download but takes about 45 minutes to process. Also the output file is a lot larger than the original. Is it re-encoding, even though it's supposed to be removed? The video is question is an old anime series from the 90's so the quality only goes up to 574p anyway, so I didn't think too much of it at first

Comment

Originally posted by theresay View Post
                  I've noticed some videos downloading from Amazon take a lot of process time... it only takes a minute to download but takes about 45 minutes to process. Also the output file is a lot larger than the original. Is it re-encoding, even though it's supposed to be removed? The video is question is an old anime series from the 90's so the quality only goes up to 574p anyway, so I didn't think too much of it at first
                  What version of StreamFab are you using and what exactly is the Show/Episode #?
                  How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Version 6.1.6.3 It's an old anime called Princess Knight from Crunchyroll prime channel. And that's every episode in that series (I put it to download before I went to bed, and was surprised to found only 11 episodes downloaded the next morning). Another one is Tales of the Abyss the animation series.

Comment

Looks like in prime channel it depends on each provider. For Paramount+ I can download basically anything except the most recent releases. Crunchyroll on the other hand, the success rate is getting lower every day. Today only 2 titles out of 10 I tried were downloadable. Downloaded Fairy Tail first two seasons with no problem but season 3 started getting the "failure to analyze" message

Comment

Posted by thersay
                        Crunchyroll on the other hand, the success rate is getting lower every day. Today only 2 titles out of 10 I tried were downloadable. Downloaded Fairy Tail first two seasons with no problem but season 3 started getting the "failure to analyze" message
                        Personally, I am not into Japanese cartoons, but one of the students here is he tried Crunchyroll and it failed every time. Widevine errors.
                        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                        X