Thank you for the new banner message and update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab Forum Issue Thank you for the new banner message and update

I know you can't satisfy all people in this forum, I for one just want to take a few moments to say thank you for updating the banner message.

This new banner makes it clear which modules are fixed and which modules are partially working with their status.

Of course I wish the issues were fixed and the banner not needed, but that doesn't diminish the fact that I appreciate the communication, and the effort being put forth.

Oftentimes people only speak up to complain and voice their anger or frustration. And rarely take the time to express our thanks and appreciation. With the amount of frustration I've seen expressed in this forum, I wanted to make sure you understand that some of us are grateful for the work you're doing.

I know the mods are doing the best they can with the tools they are given. So thank you.

I also want to say thanks for the banner - it shows that there is movement, that the "Cat and Mouse" game progresses and we are not left completely in the dark.
    So let's cheer on the developers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kattanders View Post
      I also want to say thanks for the banner - it shows that there is movement, that the "Cat and Mouse" game progresses and we are not left completely in the dark.
      So let's cheer on the developers!!!
      You better cheer the moderators, the developers are responsible for this fiasco, they put these great guys in a bad position, having to defend a program that doesn't work. That's an impossible task. Thank you jpp72 and Cats4U.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

So, a majority of the modules post 1/25 are completely broken? It's worded in a way I say yes. If you omit "(state before January 25th 2024)" then it's basically saying they are back to normal?
        That being said, is also the case for Netflix too (the way it is worded).

Is it a server side fix? We have not seen a release that says issues were fixed.

Comment

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but I have a feeling it is not going to get better anytime soon. Sure I feel bad, but I am not sure we can even blame anyone for this, did you all, myself included think the studios were going to take this sitting down? They know this program is in China and there isn't any way in the world they could take the lawsuit approach. So they hired some real developers to put an end to a good thing for us, but a bad thing for them. Now I am not sure that's what happened but it doesn't make anything but sense.

Click image for larger version

Name:	porky-pig.gif
Views:	763
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	438136

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
            So they hired some real developers to put an end to a good thing for us, but a bad thing for them. Now I am not sure that's what happened but it doesn't make anything but sense.

Name:	porky-pig.gif
Views:	763
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	438136
            That would require an unprecedented, never before seen level of intelligence from the studios. These are the same people that crammed HDMI down our throats to 'fight piracy' when piracy was never about hardware connectivity. When DVD recorders didn't exist, and even after they did but didn't have any HD INPUTS - along comes HDMI to make sure player to recorder copying wasn't possible. Meanwhile, discs were being mass duplicated on computers....

Comment

That would require an unprecedented, never before seen level of intelligence from the studios.
              People forget there is something called "AI" now and if you have the right tools, it can put a stop to anything.

Comment

Thank you for the updates and the banner. Keep up he good work.

Comment

Thank you very much for your continuous work!
                  But unfortunately, at least one streaming service that should be "normal" is not normal: Joyn can still only be downloaded in SD resolution. Just a note! I am patient and keep waiting...​

Comment

Originally posted by peter777 View Post
                    Joyn can still only be downloaded in SD resolution
                    Joyn free offer only SD - have you Joyn+ and are logged-in?
                    Which movie/serie you tried?​

Comment

Yes, I have subscribed to Joyn+. I used to always have HD quality. I have currently tried the series "Quantum Leap" and "ThreePines": Unfortunately only 768x432 resolution. According to the new banner, I thought that Joyn was now DRM-fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

You better cheer the moderators, the developers are responsible for this fiasco, they put these great guys in a bad position, having to defend a program that doesn't work. That's an impossible task. Thank you jpp72 and Cats4U.
                        Unfortunately, you are right that the moderators get the anger of the users - just like in any service center. But I don't agree that they have to defend a program that doesn't work and that the developers are responsible for the fiasco.
                        As you said, it's about protecting property - which is achieved by DRM (digital rights management). It got further developed and as result we cannot download affected content as we are used to. It is just like when you come home, and your wife has changed the lock of the house door, or you installed a Windows update and some of your (old) hardware no longer works.
                        What you call a fiasco is just the developer's attempts to crack the new DRM "lock" and in the meantime make at least some content downloadable, even if the quality is "modest" - for many users this is much more bearable than not being able to download anything at all.
                        If people would know what DRM actually is and its complexity, they would also understand that this is not just a bug in the software, and that a hack must be found instead which is impossible to estimate how long it may take. However, we know that masters are at work here and they wil be successful again. This is also why I find this banner of any progress being made extremely helpful - even if it only says that they are still seeking solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by peter777 View Post
                          I have currently tried the series "Quantum Leap" and "ThreePines": Unfortunately only 768x432 resolution.
                          Then you have to complain to joyn why they don't offer HD !
                          For example, I can download Three Pines part 8, which is (currently) only possible with joyn+
                          My mpd link from the browser only offers 432p.

Name:	joyn_three_pines_8.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	438156

=> SF can only download what the provider offer​

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                            Then you have to complain to joyn why they don't offer HD !
                            For example, I can download Three Pines part 8, which is (currently) only possible with joyn+
                            My mpd link from the browser only offers 432p.

Name:	joyn_three_pines_8.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	438156

=> SF can only download what the provider offer​
                            It's always been that way with Joyn! They claim they are not allowed to offer HD in the browser for legal reasons. Some in-house productions e.g. “Celebrity Big Brother” is available in 1080p

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                              It's always been that way with Joyn! They claim they are not allowed to offer HD in the browser for legal reasons. Some in-house productions e.g. “Celebrity Big Brother” is available in 1080p
                              We know this, but peter777 claimed SF wouldn't work normally with joyn.

That's wrong, If HD is offered, that also works:
                              Click image for larger versionName:	joyn_Schloss_aus_Glas_hd.jpgViews:	0Size:	56.4 KBID:	438160
                              Click image for larger versionName:	joyn_Schloss_aus_Glas_hd_result.jpgViews:	0Size:	50.3 KBID:	438161

Comment

Working...
                              X