My current experience with Streamfab 6.1.7.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
    Out of curiosity how are you verifying the audio format in Chrome? I tried using the Dev Tools then Media tab and it always shows 2 channel stereo, even with D+ and P+.
    Well I misspoke, it can only be verified, 192000 is the best available with Amazon It does not say specific if it's AAC or what. But as most know, EAC3 has much higher rates.

Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post

Well I misspoke, it can only be verified, 192000 is the best available with Amazon It does not say specific if it's AAC or what. But as most know, EAC3 has much higher rates.
      From Codecs in common media types - Web media technologies | MDN (mozilla.org)

The Audio Object Type is specified as a one or two digit decimal value (unlike most other values in the codecs parameter, which use hexadecimal). For example, MPEG-4's AAC-LC has an audio object type number of 2, so the full codecs value representing AAC-LC is mp4a.40.2.

Thus, ER AAC LC, whose Audio Object Type is 17, can be represented using the full codecs value mp4a.40.17. Single digit values can be given either as one digit (which is the best choice, since it will be the most broadly compatible) or with a leading zero padding it to two digits, such as mp4a.40.02.
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

jpp72, thanks for the info. Then yes it's fully verified it's AAC and at the highest rate of 192k.
        It's possible Amazon feels that's the best you need if using a browser and that's the best it may get.
        I don't feel it's the no ad package as many say it did not help even after they added it, even before they introduced the ad package items from freevee (which has had the ads always) came in at higher audio.
        But you never know, they may plan to up the price of the no-ads package by saying get back better audio with an ad package at $5/m or higher versus the $3/m they want now just to remove ads.

I am still waiting on packages from Prime Delivery that were to come today. One mysteriously got moved to Friday from Thursday, the other seems to be lost, and their best guess is Saturday.
        And this just coming off them losing a package last week that never made it at all, then they wanted to know why I wanted a refund.

I still have a huge dislike for Xfinity, but thanks to them, I have access to Netflix and Peacock, and those come in proper and with proper sound. At Least using 'AS' anyway
        The older stuff surprisingly on both Netflix and Peacock still comes in fine in SF with no extra work, but newer stuff not so much.

I also don't know what else is going on with Amazon, but nothing much comes in 6167 now, if those who do get stuff feel lucky. Again, my program of choice is 'AS' for Amazon as well.
        Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab

%HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Working...
        X